Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevieC

FAO Anybody Who Has Had a TCA Peel

I did 3 layers of 10% TCA Peel 2 days ago but nothing has happened. No frosting, no change of skin colour, no peeling, nothing.

It did sting a little bit when I applied the TCA but nothing anywhere near bad enough to think "ahh that hurts".

Maybe I should have had a warm/hot shower before so that my pores were open?

For those who have had a TCA Peel done, how long after the peel did you notice a skin change?

Edited by StevieC

Where did you buy the TCA from? if it was bettercomplexions then you'd get better results from using rainwater.

There should have been some whiteness and a little stinging with 10% TCA. I'd imagine that with proper 10% TCA you'd probably peel in 3 days as 10% TCA is quite a light peel.

I've had a 40% TCA peel years ago and started peeling after 4-5 days with all the scabs off by 7 days.

Edited by Dazarooni

Where did you buy the TCA from? if it was bettercomplexions then you'd get better results from using rainwater.

There should have been some whiteness and a little stinging with 10% TCA. I'd imagine that with proper 10% TCA you'd probably peel in 3 days as 10% TCA is quite a light peel.

I've had a 40% TCA peel years ago and started peeling after 4-5 days with all the scabs off by 7 days.

I purchased the TCA from Perfect Peel Solutions which is a place highly recommended on here.

There was a little stinging and I suppose a tiny amount of whiteness, but so little, it was similar to parts of my face where I'd just applied Retin-A.

Maybe a hot shower is needed beforehand to open the pores more, so more of the TCA gets into the skin? I'll be trying again on Sunday.

Maybe 3 layers wasn't enough? I put one layer on, then waited maybe 90 seconds or so before going over for the 2nd layer... and then 3rd layer.

I guess different skin reacts differently and maybe I just need a stronger solution.

I purchased the TCA from Perfect Peel Solutions which is a place highly recommended on here.

There was a little stinging and I suppose a tiny amount of whiteness, but so little, it was similar to parts of my face where I'd just applied Retin-A.

Maybe a hot shower is needed beforehand to open the pores more, so more of the TCA gets into the skin? I'll be trying again on Sunday.

Maybe 3 layers wasn't enough? I put one layer on, then waited maybe 90 seconds or so before going over for the 2nd layer... and then 3rd layer.

I guess different skin reacts differently and maybe I just need a stronger solution.

Is that the one owned by Julie Robins?

I'd leave it a few more days and if there's still no peeling then you could try again with a slightly stronger solution? I wouldn't go over 15% to begin with.

Not sure who owns it to be honest.

I'm going to try again on Sunday after a warm shower. I tried it to the side of my forehead, so maybe the skin is tougher there and so doesn't peel as much.

I'll try my cheek this time around.

Yes, it would be worth doing a test patch on your cheek, at least that way you can gauge just how much peeling you will be in for.

10% with 3 layers should provide a little stinging (nothing unbearable) and should turn white.

Good luck.