Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I'm very interested in buying 25lbs of whey conc. for a super deal of $99.

But! I'm not sure how well I'll tolerate it - lactose wise. I have no problem with cheese and yogurt, and I never drink milk. But are there any other side-effects from consuming probably 20-40 grams/conc a day?

As a vegetarian, I get about ~70-90grams a day, which is really good, but for weight-loss I want to eat a protein-sparing diet so I don't lose too much muscle mass in the process, hence why I think supplementing would be beneficial, also since I weight light about 4-5 times a week. One thing I worry about is all of the protein going bad...

I have two options with ~100 budget.

1) Buy the 25lbs conc, maybe sell half to my roommate, buy a big jar to put the protein in.

2) Buy ~8-10 lbs of whey isolate/milk protein isolate, with vitamin mix in, shipped for about 100 also...but it won't last too long.

See is taking 20-40grams of concentrate, probably everyday for a couple months a bad idea? I really need assistance asap. :think:

Edited by bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

Whey isolate and milk isolate are very different.

Milk protein isolate is basically a mix of casein and whey (80/20 ratio).

If you have a problem with dairy, then avoid a pure whey concentrate. I haven't had any dairy issues in years, but it still gave me some terrible cramps.

If you want to save money, then stick with a blend, though some were actually pretty bad for me (like Dymatize Elite and ON, and both tasted like shit).

Blends which I never had a problem with were Muscle Gauge, All the Whey, 4ever Fit (regular or fruit blast), and Allmax, which all taste fantastic as well.

Never buy a huge tub of something you've never tried. You're better off buying less of something you can be sure you'll use than 25 lbs of something you can't drink and would have a hard time pawning off on someone else.

Also, Muscle Gauge's blend is 90 for 15lbs, and 100 for the isolate on Bodybuilding.com. Plus the 10% off code

Edited by Jërëmÿn

Wow, I really like the 15lb deal. That's awesome. Do you know if that ships in a tub or food-bag at all? I wonder if consuming that much splenda is also a cause for concern too.

Edit) Geezus, I cannot believe BB will ship 15lbs for 6.99 shipping. Amazing, I'm going to purchase the Chocolate Mint. Some guy said with water it tastes like a pappermint patty - haha. Thanks for showing me that brand.

Edited by bɭesstheʄẚɭɭ

So I'm very interested in buying 25lbs of whey conc. for a super deal of $99.

But! I'm not sure how well I'll tolerate it - lactose wise. I have no problem with cheese and yogurt, and I never drink milk. But are there any other side-effects from consuming probably 20-40 grams/conc a day?

As a vegetarian, I get about ~70-90grams a day, which is really good, but for weight-loss I want to eat a protein-sparing diet so I don't lose too much muscle mass in the process, hence why I think supplementing would be beneficial, also since I weight light about 4-5 times a week. One thing I worry about is all of the protein going bad...

I have two options with ~100 budget.

1) Buy the 25lbs conc, maybe sell half to my roommate, buy a big jar to put the protein in.

2) Buy ~8-10 lbs of whey isolate/milk protein isolate, with vitamin mix in, shipped for about 100 also...but it won't last too long.

See is taking 20-40grams of concentrate, probably everyday for a couple months a bad idea? I really need assistance asap. :think:

Damn I wish I could tolerate dairy...I have a few huge tubs of ON Natural Whey I get for free from my work, but I can't even use them (They give me gas....BAD lol)

For all you candida warriors out there I found a protein powder that is kosher for the diet; Peaceful Planet Pea Protein. The taste is tolerable even mixed with water, and doesn't give me any bad reactions. Also has some acidophilus in it.

Wow, I really like the 15lb deal. That's awesome. Do you know if that ships in a tub or food-bag at all? I wonder if consuming that much splenda is also a cause for concern too.

Edit) Geezus, I cannot believe BB will ship 15lbs for 6.99 shipping. Amazing, I'm going to purchase the Chocolate Mint. Some guy said with water it tastes like a pappermint patty - haha. Thanks for showing me that brand.

loool, was it my review?

Ice cream sammich got kind of boring after a while.

I'm using strawberry right now, and I <33333333333333333333 it

Edited by Jërëmÿn

9 times out of 10, me making fun of you would be the correct move. But after reading the nutrition profile, I must say that I support this post.

24/28.4g is pretty good at 84.5.

Still I say you get what you pay for and AllMax Isoflex is still the best out on the market today. :)

Actually looking at that profile again, something seems fishy:

24g protein = 96 calories. Total calories per serving is 101 calories. Where are the 5 calories coming from if there is 0 g of both fat and carbs? Why is the ratio only 84.5% pure protein? 96/101 = 95%.

Hmm....

100 points for someone smart enough to answer this bodybuilding questioN!

I think its because all of the readings say less then 0%, however look at the fiber its 3% DV.

So my guess is the calories are comming from fat and carbs which are both less than 0%

But could be 0.9%.

:genius:

I think its because all of the readings say less then 0%, however look at the fiber its 3% DV.

So my guess is the calories are comming from fat and carbs which are both less than 0%

But could be 0.9%.

Haha if that is the case, then that is a protein brand Necromancer CANNOT trust. Mislabeling of whey protein has cost companies lawsuits and some to go out of business. Word spreads quick on the internet, especially at bodybuilding . com.

:D

What a legit protein company's label should look like:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/iso.html

27g/30g protein ratio

118 calories

Let's find them!

27g x 4 = 108 calories (protein)

2g x 4 = 8 calories (carbs)

0.5g x 9 = 4.5 calories (fat)

Drumroll....

108 + 8 + 4.5 = 120.5 calories!!

Therefore all calories are accounted for. Obviously carbs are rounded up and this is what makes math say 120.5 vs. 118 calories.

When I get a chance, I'll look at the nutrition info on the tub.

The ones on the websites aren't always what the companies actually release

Haha if that is the case, then that is a protein brand Necromancer CANNOT trust. Mislabeling of whey protein has cost companies lawsuits and some to go out of business. Word spreads quick on the internet, especially at bodybuilding . com.

Edited by Jërëmÿn

When I get a chance, I'll look at the nutrition info on the tub.

The ones on the websites aren't always what the companies actually release

loool, Syntrax!

"hey, we've been getting a lot of shit on Bodybuilding.com's forums. What can we do about this? I think I have an idea, let's file a lawsuit for libel.....and we'll list forum screen names! That will make us look legit :D :D "

Haha so you know about that case too? Yeah they tried to sue screen names. They failed

Yeah. I wasn't part of it or anything, but I read dozens of threads about it when I looked up a review for Matrix or Nectar, one of their protein powders.

I lol'd, and at the same time, I decided not to order anything from a company who would stoop down to such shady tactics.

Lots of companies get ripped apart on that site, as do their reps, but I don't see them suing. Which is especially odd from one of the more successful companies in the fitness industry.

I'm sure their products taste great, but god knows what they put in it. And even if their ingredient lists are legit, considering the nature of these supplements, I'd rather not risk it from a company which isn't exactly all that respectable.

Plus, even though I rarely post on the forum, I did get a looot of info from lurking through threads. It would feel kind of wrong to support them after such a ridiculous move

Edited by Jërëmÿn

Yeah. I wasn't part of it or anything, but I read dozens of threads about it when I looked up a review for Matrix or Nectar, one of their protein powders.

I lol'd, and at the same time, I decided not to order anything from a company who would stoop down to such shady tactics.

Lots of companies get ripped apart on that site, as do their reps, but I don't see them suing. Which is especially odd from one of the more successful companies in the fitness industry.

I'm sure their products taste great, but god knows what they put in it. And even if their ingredient lists are legit, considering the nature of these supplements, I'd rather not risk it from a company which isn't exactly all that respectable.

Plus, even though I rarely post on the forum, I did get a looot of info from lurking through threads. It would feel kind of wrong to support them after such a ridiculous move

Yeah you can find me on the forums as 'mikecart1'. A few other supplements have been discontinued for having been laced with steroid compounds. That is why I stick with a very select group of supplements now. I think one supplement I used to take had me smelling bad. Friends noticed and I was always clean. It probably was rotting in my stomach or something. Now I smell fresh because I only use whey isolate now and nothing else.

Added

Oh, looked at the tubs. The chocolate isolate said 1g carbs, and the strawberry blend said 2g carbs

buy one that uses stevia, bro. Get the cake batter one if you want a flavor or the chocolate mint because they both use stevia, dont get the one with aspartme that stuff is AWFUL for you.

I like the unflavored one personally, in water if just tastes like watery skim milk but I make it a little thicker and its fine.

Edited by DeAntonio

Yep.

Did a review of it on BB.com's forums. I think I gave it a 9.5 or 10 for taste.

I also had the ice cream sandwich. I loved it at first, but I got very bored of it after a couple of weeks. I think I gave it a 9 at first, but I'd give it a 7 now.

Strawberry is kind of meh in water (not bad or chemically tasting, but just bland), but tastes just like Nesquick in milk.

All the ones I got said it's flavored with stevia. I didn't notice it at first, but it makes sense. No weird chemical aftertaste or anything like that

Edited by Jërëmÿn