Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doy5

Added Ingriedients

I've noticed that I generally snack a lot on granola bars, crackers, protein bars, South Beach Bars, and many other things that have a long list of ingredients that I can't pronounce, since I generally am to lazy to cook and make whole food. Now that I think of it, these probably could be affecting my acne am I right?

I've noticed that I generally snack a lot on granola bars, crackers, protein bars, South Beach Bars, and many other things that have a long list of ingredients that I can't pronounce, since I generally am to lazy to cook and make whole food. Now that I think of it, these probably could be affecting my acne am I right?

There's a chance that they could be, but generally it would be from your overall diet, and not the small amounts of ingredients used in some of the food you eat.

Try to watch out for the worst of them:

*Artificial sweeteners (High fructose corn syrup, aspartame, acesulfame k, acesulfame potassium, saccharin, Splenda, NutraSweet, sugar)

*Monosodium glutamate

*Artificial colors

*Preservatives (BHA, BHT, nitrites, nitrates, sodium benzoate, sulphites, TBHQ, etc.)

*Hydrogenated/partially hydrogenated oils

*Caffeine

*Palm oil

Yes, but not because of the additives. At least, the additives aren't the worst culprit. It's because you eat a crappy processed grain, sugar and hydrogenated/trans fat filled diet.

You should mostly be eating foods that don't have an ingredient list like veggies, fruit, fish, etc.