Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im a big day dreamer, and just had a thought of how amazing it would be if in the holidays instead of summer camp there was acne camp. somewhere where everyone was going through the same thing and you could walk around bare faced and wearing singlets and not feel judged. there could be a regimen and diet, counsilling and fun activities and stuff. i reckon that would be awesome. :)

You may think I am crazy... well, let's hope not :D ...

But, I have similar visions to this, literally...

I am in the midst of creating an acne blog and I have crazy thoughts that go through my head. And, today, I am someone who acts on his thoughts.

Acne camp... that seems very interesting and I am most definitely going to hold that thought in my head.

One idea I have is creating an acne board game.... any thoughts?

P.S. If anyone is interested in visiting my blog then just shoot me a message :D It is all about getting rid of acne naturally. And, it helps you deal with your current condition.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd

That'd be a good idea, we could all see how we're in this together, I just wonder if the person who has it worst would feel even more insecure :shrug:

I have thought of this many times as well.

Due to such the calamity acne has afforded me I realized what

a strong need there is out there for such a sanctuary.

Goes to show that the medical field not only

disappoints to address acne in treatment, severity, and prevention but most notably fails to

provide such a form of rehabilitation as provided for other illnesses.

I, however, had in mind a facility where all who seek treatment

can be properly diagnosed and then treated accordingly upon

what is causing their acne taking account

for all external and internal factors towards a more holistic form

of healing rather than more harmful than not medications and topicals.

As well, I would take into account the emotional and psychological effects in healing

to be addressed in some form of individual or group therapy if not both there of.

I considered becoming a doctor to make all this a reality.

But my strongest passions lie in other endeavors.

So I can only take it upon myself to support others who aspire for similar retribution

whole-heartedly.

Edited by HЯxRxᴎ

That'd be a good idea, we could all see how we're in this together, I just wonder if the person who has it worst would feel even more insecure :shrug:

I would make sure everyone does not at all feel insecure :dance:

I am going to do this. Acne camp is on its way.

Anyone else reading this right now... what do you think of this idea?

Sounds very American, something that definitely wouldn’t happen outside of the states. It’s a great idea though. What age groups would it be open to (if such a thing existed)?. I can imagine groups of teens sitting around in a circle like in alcoholics anonymous, talking about their experiences on a daily basis, and what they're doing (or not doing) about it. I dunno if i'd go, but I’m sure it’s something that many would enjoy the experience. As it is medical related, it would be nice if it was subsidised by your government so it can be available to everyone Inc teens with poorer parents who couldn’t afford it.

I would make sure everyone does not at all feel insecure :dance:

I am going to do this. Acne camp is on its way.

Anyone else reading this right now... what do you think of this idea?

I would like to sign up please :D

I love this idea! If I knew there was an acne camp anywhere in my province, I would so go! It would be nice to be around people just like me for a change. Everyone at school and the malls and stuff ... almost no one I see has it. So I think it's a great idea and I would totally go!! :D

This idea has been mentioned since I've been around the org (almost 3 years). I've always liked the idea but I don't know how feasible it would be.

I adore camps and I think having age appropriate camps (like middle school and high school broken up) would be wonderful. If anything, it would be a positive socializing experience.

Personally, I have met three people from this website, and I am going on a month long roadtrip with another person from here this summer. ^_^ Just going on those short experiences, I think meshing the wonderful members of this site would have interesting (and probably crazy) results.

You never know what the future may bring. =)

I agree with feasibility...

- country

- ages

- funding?

- risk?

-family/jobs? therefore times people could go?

If it was a yearly thing with a fixed date, fixed cost (non profit obviously), people may be able to work around these factors.

I think it could make some people quite literally.

I understand what you are both saying.

There are a lot of factors that play into this. People tend to have thoughts and never act on them. I have been acting on my thoughts recently. This was not my thought, acne camp, but I am in love with the idea. This is why I am going to make it happen. Not this year and probably not even the next. But, sometime in the near future something will be created. I think about it often.

Anyone who is reading this... do you have any ideas of what acne camp could entail?

Not to discourage you because I do like the idea, but legally this would need to either go through a legitament business or an organization of some type. I am by no means versed in legal policy, but from my limited knowledge, bank accounts would need to be set up, a venue chosen, a method of payment (this is where the organization comes into play), and of course waivers for the campers.

Technically, unless Dan decided to spearhead this project himself, you couldn't affiliate the camp with this website since it is his business.

I've always liked the idea of a convention more. A three or four day event, at a chosen venue with hotel rooms reserved. The idea has been thrown about on numerous occasions but thus far nothing has come to fruition.

Not to discourage you because I do like the idea, but legally this would need to either go through a legitament business or an organization of some type. I am by no means versed in legal policy, but from my limited knowledge, bank accounts would need to be set up, a venue chosen, a method of payment (this is where the organization comes into play), and of course waivers for the campers.

Technically, unless Dan decided to spearhead this project himself, you couldn't affiliate the camp with this website since it is his business.

I've always liked the idea of a convention more. A three or four day event, at a chosen venue with hotel rooms reserved. The idea has been thrown about on numerous occasions but thus far nothing has come to fruition.

Almost a done deal :)

I have a blog myself... I started it back in December 2009. In a week or 2 I am going to form an LLC. I might set up a donation on my site where 50% of the income would go towards something like an acne camp.

So, the organization for it to happen will be formed within just a week or 2 and I am working with someone else who may be interested in starting an acne camp. And, I know someone else in addition who has her own blog who would more than likely love the idea as well.

Believe me, I am the one to make something like this happen :)

I just want ideas from fellow acne sufferers themselves on what they would want to happen at acne camp. And, it would be at a small to little cost possibly if I set up a donation on my blog.

Edited by Live Your Life Acne Free