Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys. So I haven't been on acne.org for awhile. It depresses me when I see people suffering from something I too have. But now I'm back. wahahahahahaha...

lol. well, my acne problem is pretty much a roller coaster ride. one day it's gone, one day it's back. it's like a circle...it has no end.

during the summer of 09, I quit taking doxycycline to clear my acne because I got tired of it. I didn't want to take it twice a day for everyday of my life. after that decision, i found out about the cold shower. this means, i would shower only in cold water. after the summer ended, i got frustrated because the water was getting really cold. it was hella cold. so i quit taking cold showers.

instead, i went back to the dermatologist and he gave me tetracycline this time. after almost a bottle of tetra gone, i quit the medication because it did not work. plus, the old problem of having to take it and be on a pill nagged me again.

first thing this year i bought oxy---that thing works, but does not get rid of your acne. with oxy, i bought dan's moisturizer and AHA. that cost me about 70 bucks. been on it for almost 2 weeks now. still no improvement.

but now, i've decided that i'm going back to cold shower. take cold shower everyday. it's the only thing that really got rid of my facial bumps, redness, and whiteheads. hopefully within a week of cold shower, i get rid of acne bumps which now i have.

i'm hopeful. gudluck to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/larawannijhonny/4270607372/ (this was my face during the summer when I was taking cold showers)

Today, I have a big bump on my chin, acne on my cheeks, and bumps near both my ears. it eats away my confidence.

Can't you add just a little bit of warm water so your shower is still cold but there's no icicles on your showerhead?

well i live in san diego so the water doesn't get icy. it's just really cold. one thing i hate about cold shower though is that your skin feels dirty. it literally feels dirty and rough, but somehow your pimples disappear which is weird.

but i rather my overall skin feel rough or dirty than have pimples on my face. so yeah don't make it to the point it's supercold it's icy.

That thing about cold showers really interests me...do you think washing your face with ice would have the same effect?

it would have an effect, but i don't think it would be the same. but it may work since cold shower calms a red skin. so it might work. but that's more painful than the cold shower since it's colder. right?...idk try it.

me i just give up on pills that only work while you're on it. i'm done with that!

I just washed my fash with ice, it's not that bad. I guess I'll continue doing that for a week and see what happens, and I'll also try a cold shower but I love hot showers too much!