Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
squaddy

Rice Wafers

Hey acne.org,

I was just wondering if the rice wafers which I have been eating lately could in any way be affecting my acne. They contain brown rice and 0.2% sea salt. That's it. Sometimes I eat them like that, but usually I have either an egg, a slice of ham or Dutch 'sausage spread', that's the best translation I can find.

Thanks in advance.

Well what else do they make wafers from? It's usually wheat, corn or rice. They do taste nice (in a snacky, no taste sort way) and I did eat them. However rice has carbs, which means they convert into glucose which means this spikes your insulin levels which means increased androgen hormones.

I know, I know.

Well what else do they make wafers from? It's usually wheat, corn or rice. They do taste nice (in a snacky, no taste sort way) and I did eat them. However rice has carbs, which means they convert into glucose which means this spikes your insulin levels which means increased androgen hormones.

I know, I know.

Rice does not cause insulin levels to spike. Only if you eat TOO much of it you should worry, but if you eat the right amount it not going to do anything. If you are not allergic to rice you should not worry. Hey it is also Gluten free which it is good for you! Rice is one of the healthiest thing out there! When I talk about rice I mean the non refined rice! Refined rice is not good.

I'm sorry sweetie, but rice is in the same bandwagon with wheat and pasta. They are very, very, very high in carbs -> sugar -> insulin spikes -> androgen levels. From my background, I eat alot of rice and I've also stopped eating wheat and pasta. My family think I'm nuts and most people eat white rice. Brown rice is SLIGHTLY better for you but you should sort of stay away from it if you want to see results.