Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey people

I just hate, when people look at my face instead of my eyes, when I talk to them. I can just tell, when someone is looking at my pimples and it's soo frustrating! I just try to cover my face even though I don't have a serious acne problem. I don't really get acne anymore only sometimes, but i'm dealing with red marks now, which is very hard to beat.. Also when you constantly think about, what your face looks like, ya know? It's horribble

anyway, what do you think is the worst about acne? I know there is nothing good about it, but what is the worst? :)

Of course there's good about acne... people just aren't looking deep enough.

The worst part about my acne is having to cover it up with makeup. I wouldn't wear makeup if I didn't have acne, and I can imagine it isn't doing my skin any better... but hey, what can you do. :doubt:

one of the worst things, for a guy anyway, is having to spend so long in the bathroom each morning applying acne medication and makeup. It's embarrassing to have to explain to both my male and female friends why i need to spend so much time in the bathroom. It's a real waste of time, time that I could have spent sleeping in longer. And harder still cos I'm a guy and society seems less accepting to hear that guys use makeup, though it is becoming more common.

I see my guy friends who wake up in the morning and take like 2 minutes in the bathroom just needing to brush their teeth and wash their faces with just simple facial wash. While for me i need to spend so much longer washing, drying, applying acne medication, then applying makeup to blemishes and then spending lots of time examining my face in the mirror to assess if the makeup looks natural and my zits are covered properly.

It's tough!! But I soldier on!

Lyssa: What's good about acne? :) okay, maybe the fact that people with acne are not as superficial not only looking at people's skin, but looking at their personality

Btw the orange banana thing is cool ;)

Turok1134: Yeah, I know how you feel.. Even though you don't think you have much yourself, you still have some, that depresses you :doh:

Kungpao: Yea, I think so too.. Spending soo much time to do the regimen is soo embarrassing and a waste of time.. I even thought of stop using the regimen, but i don't want acne, so I kinda don't have a choise.. It would be great, if it only took like 5 mins to apply everything :rolleyes:

It motivates people to live healthier lifestyles, increases the chance for people getting to know them for deeper reasons other than looks, better understanding of others, determination, being less judgmental... list goes on :dance:

Haha this thread is becoming rather philosophical!

Unfortunately, acne also often plays a large force in carving and moulding our personalities. All too many acne sufferers become more withdrawn and less outgoing due to their conditions. We can only imagine how different our personalities, and lives, would have turned out had we not been bogged down by our acne and it's psychological effects.

akam1k: yeah that has happened to me before when I had a really prolific zit right in the middle of my face, I could see people's eyes lingering on it instead of my eyes. It sucks ... but what can you do?

There are times when I have decided not to go to a concert or out with friends or on a date because I had a bad zit or 5. It's stressful feeling down and having to make excuses to good friends (I have a really bad headache. Oh, I have to work tonight.) because of something superficial like pimples. But because of that, I sympathize with those that DO have skin issues and I can tell they are self conscious- my heart goes out to them, so remember that warriors-of-acne!

The worst thing about acne is that it's abnormally ugly in both my eyes and others' eyes, and it's not really the acne but the acne scars that take the cake.

The worst thing about acne is the misconception that it directly correlates with your personal hygiene.

Kungpao: Exactly :)

SweetSleep: Yeah, what can ya do? I actually know what you're talking about.. I wouldn't go to school if a had bad acne.. I'd just stay home, because I was "sick", but I can't do that anymore :/

Baalzebub: Yeah, we can only hope for a cure to scars and acne soon :think:

s.m.: It's so sad that some people think that.. They should experience acne.. I don't want people to get acne, only for like 2 weeks or something just so they can see, what it feels like..