Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

Can Someone Explain The Correlation of Diet and Dry/Flaky Skin?

So I've been doing very extensive research on this forum, especially noticing a trend with people who have successfully cleared their skin through holistic approaches: that dry/flaky skin + chappeed lips = acne.

Can someone give me a scientific reason of why bad diet/lifestyles correlate to dry skin?

The flaky skin is called hyperkeratinization. (Hyper = Too much, Keratin= Skin).

Whatever activates our sebum glands to produce oil also activates our skin to regenerate WAY too fast. I definitely get chapped lips when I get acne.

As for the mechanics behind it, I'd love to know!

My face is extremely flaky, my nose been the worst area but my cheeks and forehead arent to good either. I would love to know a reason for this as it can feel worse than the acne at times.

Because of hyperkeratinization, I cannot hide my acne with makeup. If I put it on in the morning to hide a zit, that afernoon the entire top layer has peeled off with the makeup. Sometimes I feel like I have "dandruff of the skin."

I've been on Hydrochloric acid for a week now and it stopped the peeling skin by day two. My acne is completely gone today except for spots that need to heal.

Edited by Dotty1

I used to have bad dry flaky skin, these are the things that helped:

- Eat lots of high purine meats (beef, lamb, sardines, etc.)

- Massive reduction in omega-6 fats, including most of the time no nuts or seeds. Other sources of omega-6 include almost all eggs, almost all chicken, peanut butter and all vegetable oils (olive oil, soybean oil, canola oil, etc.)

- Increase omega-3. Eat fish, take fish oil, cod liver oil.

has anyone noticed their cheeks produce more oil then their chin and forehead? this is the only area i treat, ive never had a problem with my forehead and chin. im wondering if my cheeks are producing more oil because im treating them with bp and irritating them.