Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jessie1225

Second Course of Accutane? With pictures.

About 7 months ago I concluded an Accutane course. I was on 60 mg a day and I am a 17 year old male who weighs 135 lbs. The happy part of this story is that I was entirely clear for around 4 months, that is until school began. Over the past few months, my skin has steadily deteriorated from clogged pores around my chin to lower cheek region, to pustules and more clogged pores on my chest, back, and lower cheeks (as you can see in the pics).

Skin regimen wise, I am washing my face twice a day with Cetaphil, using Aczone 2.5% and Prosacea (for redness) in the morning, and, for the past month and a half with little results as has always been the case for me, Tazorac 1.0% and Duac for spot treatment, along with a moisturizer and sunscreen.

I am going to the derm any day now, and I am considering asking to go on a second course of accutane. My only concern is stunting of whatever growth I may have left and accutane's effect on athletics, although the first course didn't really effect it much.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING! :angel:

post-112336-1263233580_thumb.jpg

post-112336-1263233606_thumb.jpg

post-112336-1263233580_thumb.jpg

post-112336-1263233606_thumb.jpg

I finished a course about 1 and a half years ago and my acne started coming back 2 months ago. The derm suggested I go on antibiotics and Tazorac for 6-8 weeks because accutane changes your skin in a way that makes it more easily treatable should acne come back. Perhaps you should try and see of these things help you within 2-3 months before you go on another course? Accutane does seem like a miracle, but I also understand it's very very strong. It's probably better on your body to hold out on it as long as you can.