Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geeking

Whiteheads by lips & mouth area

Lately I've been getting quite a few fairly small, and kinda painful, whiteheads riiiiight by my lip line or around my mouth. They're SO embarrassing, right now I feel one coming in!!

Does anyone else deal with this? Any really quick fix? I've been using Neutrogena's On-The-Spot which works fairly well ... Also, anyone know a cause? I would say, toothpaste maybe but I don't get it on the top of my mouth :eh: --I don't know why they've only been really popping up lately :rolleyes:

I have the same issue right now. There's one right in the corner of my mouth. Red and sore making it painful to eat even (eat food not the pimple). I think the cause could be general touching of the area with unwashed hands or greasy food/sweat. Which is the reason for mine at the moment I'm sure.

I get those too on occasion...i think it could be from eating and then wiping the corners of your mouth too hard....or maybe the lipbalm you use.

I had the exact same thing as you.

Read my thread "Toothpaste caused my Acne" on this board. It's down this page.

Edited by aurareturn

@GreenMond Yeees it hurts like hell when you eat or open your mouth.

@aurareturn How did I not see your thread?! lol ok I'm reading it now

The grease thing totally makes sense, I wonder what I've been eating to cause this only the past few months **thinks*

I use just a chap stick lip balm I dunno if it's a bad product =\ I should look into it.

Thanks for the replies so far!!

Edited by Geeking

I am suffering from this very same thing right now....every morning I wake up with a new one....their basically creating a "lip liner" on my bottom lip. Before they started poping up as whiteheads they were very small black heads that you couldn't really see unless you looked right up in the mirror times two. I have no idea what causes them and I don't eat anything greasy...at least that I know of. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...just wanted to let you know you weren't alone in this.

oh man yeeeah seeing the little blackheads on your lip line is horrible cuz you know it's gonna turn into something gross. i try to squeeze those and usually it hurts and nothing comes out, once in awhile I get lucky

yeah sometimes i have problems with them, they come in cycles

i use lotion before i put my tazorac on and if i ever use the lotion around my mouth that seems to cause me to get them, so i just dont use the lostion around there

Try not to squeeze them because it makes everything worse. Personally, I feel like applying creams won't work...sometimes they can make things worse because some creams can really clog your pores.

Watch your diet and try your best not to eat bad junk food like chips or fries or burgers. It really helps.

It helped me :)