Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

This could be a stupid post because maybe the approach is the same as treating hyper pigmentation, but I want to be sure anyways.

I had bad breakouts about 1.5 years ago, after clearing my skin from active acne, I was left with mild pitted scarring, hyper pigmentation that eventually faded, and a few stubborn red marks(scars?), that just have not seemed to fade with time or with the couple tubes of mederma I have tried. Does anyone have these scars, I only ever see them classified as marks that fade with time in the red marks forums. Any advice of treatment would be great.

Edited by MFC

Posted

Stubborn red marks require hydroquinone + retin-a. Microderm might help as well. Or other kinds of exfoliation like acv etc...although don't know about its effectiveness. Check with a doctor to do a correct diagnosis.

But we can't really tell what you got without pictures...

Mederma ? lol...its no good. Some links here -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mederma

I had bad breakouts about 1.5 years ago, after clearing my skin from active acne, I was left with mild pitted scarring, hyper pigmentation that eventually faded, and a few stubborn red marks(scars?), that just have not seemed to fade with time or with the couple tubes of mederma I have tried. Does anyone have these scars, I only ever see them classified as marks that fade with time in the red marks forums. Any advice of treatment would be great.

Posted
Stubborn red marks require hydroquinone + retin-a. Microderm might help as well. Or other kinds of exfoliation like acv etc...although don't know about its effectiveness. Check with a doctor to do a correct diagnosis.

But we can't really tell what you got without pictures...

Mederma ? lol...its no good. Some links here -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mederma

Thank you, retin-a reviews are scaring me quite a bit even though I have minimal pitting right now. Hydroquinone is really catching my attention however, bleaching seems to be what the scars need. Is Mederma that bad of a product?, haha. Yeah, I may upload some pictures in a little when I get around to it.

Posted

Anecdotal reviews are completely useless. You need to look at statistical evidence across a diverse population of people. Retin-a is a super safe product !

Hydroquinone works best along with retin-a...there are creams like tri-luma that have both (which I found to be pretty irritating to my skin though).

Thank you, retin-a reviews are scaring me quite a bit even though I have minimal pitting right now. Hydroquinone is really catching my attention however, bleaching seems to be what the scars need. Is Mederma that bad of a product?, haha. Yeah, I may upload some pictures in a little when I get around to it.