Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jlw0329

Spironolactone and Dan's Regimen

Is anybody currently taking Spironolactone and doing Dan's Regimen at the same time? I have been taking Spironolactone for almost 5 months (in a week) and still am not seeing the results I would like. I am thinking about adding in Dan's Regimen but am worried that since the Spiro already makes my skin drier that it will be way to dry with the addition of benzoyl peroxide twice a day. Anyone have any experience with this?

what's your spiro dosage?

I was on 50 mg the first two months, then 75 mg until this past week when my derm FINALLY upped it to 100mg. Am hoping I will see better results in a few weeks on this increased dosage...

i'm on 200mg! haha, i seem to be having improvements within a month and a half, so just wait for that for a bit and see how it goes. i'm sure adding dan's regimen would only bring added benefits though! good luck!

Thanks, glad to hear you are seeing improvements already! A second derm I visited suggested Accutane because my acne is really stubborn and persistent (I always have at least one or two spots), but I am really trying to avoid going down that path. It took forever just to get my regular derm to up my dosage to 100mg, so I am pretty sure she won't go above that because I already have naturally low blood pressure. I am going to order Dan's starter kit and begin his regimen as soon as they get here, so hopefully with that and the increased dosage I will see some improvements soon.

I started Dan's Regimen when I was still on spironolactone and it worked wonderfully. I eventually was able to go off spironolactone and just use Dan's Regimen alone. (It worked on my acne for about a year and a half and then came back, though).

I started Dan's Regimen when I was still on spironolactone and it worked wonderfully. I eventually was able to go off spironolactone and just use Dan's Regimen alone. (It worked on my acne for about a year and a half and then came back, though).

Wow so you were able to maintain clear even after quitting the spiro? Which one did your acne come back on, the spiro or the Regimen?

Wow so you were able to maintain clear even after quitting the spiro? Which one did your acne come back on, the spiro or the Regimen?

Yeah, I was totally clear after I quit spiro and was just on dan's regimen. My acne came back after 1.5 yrs of the regimen though.