Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I just finished a six month course of Accutane 4 days ago. Would it be okay to start using AHA right away, or how long do you think I should wait before I can start using it and other exfoliating products? I'm really hoping to fade some of these red marks.

Thanks in advance :)

Yep. It's fine to use, but you might not want to jump into using it too often right away until you see how your skin reacts.

You could try to mix a bit of AHA in your moisturiser and see how your skin reacts to that. If you're fine, well, you can try to mix in a little more.. I do that with my BP anyways, even now when I'm on Accutane - a very little BP though along with quite a lot of moisturiser, and only a few times a week, but it works well..:)

Oh and congrats on finishing your course! Did you see the results you hoped for?

Edited by TTAndersen

Thank you both for the responses :) I really appreciate it.

And thanks, TTAnderson. I couldn't be happier with my results. I haven't broken out in over 3 months now, which is the longest I've been clear in over 6 years. I would defiitely say this is the best choice I've ever made haha.