Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TPayShaw

Newbie on regimen.Where does AHA fit in?

So far, I am enjoying using this regimen (1 week in) and am trying to really nail it down. I also bought the AHA and I like it but I am not sure how much to use. I've been using it all over my face because Dan doesn't really say how much on the tube like he described the BP in detail. So far, I have been using the index finger's length for all over. Too much? How much for my whole face? I do the regimen plus this as my next to last step before sunscreen.

Also, another question, why do we have to clean so gently and not use a facial towel? I was under the impression that exfoliating is a good thing with acneic skin because it unglues all those sticky dead skin cells that clogs our pores causing more acne.

Does the moisturizer cancel out the benefits of the BP by decreasing the oxygenation and exfoliation that BP does?

I think I'm getting to bogged down with little stuff.

I can already see improvements, especially on my forehead, which is a good indicator for me.

You're really not supposed to be using the AHA at all until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month and your skin has had a chance to adjust to the full amount of BP.

Until then, just stick with your regular (non-AHA) moisturizer.