Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

How long does red marks last for you?

Posted

I have red marks that are still very visible after 6 months. I exfoliate a lot too. They use to fade much quicker when I was a teenager. I am now 22 and it seems that I may have to wait a year after every pimple for the red mark to go away.

Posted

Mine takes almost a year to go away.

Posted

yeah mine seem to be taking forever. I'm 16 years old and I've had red marks since october. I have no active acne now, but it still looks like I have plenty of acne as the red marks are very visible. :(

Posted

interesting, im male 22 and they take around 6 months to heal now. where as when i was younger they would be gone in a week.

must be to do with the chemicals in the skin cells (collagen?)

Posted

forever

Posted (edited)

Wow I'm in the exact same boat... I'm 22, male, and for the past 2 or 3 years, my acne's been only mild, but the red marks take months (some, years) to go away. Combine that with all the blackheads, redness, and enlarged pores, and I might as well have bad moderate acne. I'm really considering Accutane to finally stop it all and give my face time to heal. I mean it's not meant for mild acne, but nothing else works, and even a basic normal pimple damages my skin for years in some cases.

Summertime has been my only escape, as the tanning helps at least to blend it all and makes my face look decent, but I always end up getting burnt which just causes more damage and probably makes the red marks last even longer, so its all one big catch-22.

On this site I can relate to so many people... Why do I never see you in real life? I literally feel like the only one at my university at my age with this problem haha.

Edited by GNR87

Posted

Im 23 . I've dealt with acne and red marks for about 4-5 years. I hated myself for many years because I was the only one in school with bad skin and it affected my confidence in everything from partying and going to school. Looking at the mirror every morning just ruined the start of my day back then. I started taking my skin condition seriously from 20. I went to skin clinics for skin peeling session and quit smoking. It helped a little with the red marks but it definitely helped a lot with acne. Turns out cigarettes was the major reason why I had terrible acne. I kept wondering why I had red marks on my face and why it didnt heal. A year ago, I started putting sunscreen everyday and put apple cider vinegar as a facial night lotion and my redness healed up. When I go outside (I live in WA) I see a lot of white people with their skin a little red like a bad sunburn. I always thought it was a genetic thing but I realized most white people (our skin is prob the most sensitive to UVA/B rays) dont put sunscreen. I think most white people think that sunscreen is only for going to the beach but its not. My face is not red anymore from putting on suncreen spf 45 and ACV (3times a week). Im so glad my face is not red anymore. Give it a try.

Posted

have had it since summer of 2008, only started treating it since summer of last year('09). still have them, but they're better than since ive started doing something bout it.

Posted
Wow I'm in the exact same boat... I'm 22, male, and for the past 2 or 3 years, my acne's been only mild, but the red marks take months (some, years) to go away. Combine that with all the blackheads, redness, and enlarged pores, and I might as well have bad moderate acne. I'm really considering Accutane to finally stop it all and give my face time to heal. I mean it's not meant for mild acne, but nothing else works, and even a basic normal pimple damages my skin for years in some cases.

Summertime has been my only escape, as the tanning helps at least to blend it all and makes my face look decent, but I always end up getting burnt which just causes more damage and probably makes the red marks last even longer, so its all one big catch-22.

On this site I can relate to so many people... Why do I never see you in real life? I literally feel like the only one at my university at my age with this problem haha.

Was/still kind of on the same boat as you buddy. Always had mild (sometimes moderate) acne but decided to try and remove it all for good. Summer also seemed to be the only time where I didnt really have to worry about my acne, at times ofcourse it was a bit bad. Im currently in my 4th month of accutane and stoked once im done and clear for summer!!! Any other questions just message me...Really think about the accutane.

Posted

Most of mine go away pretty quickly. Maybe a week max and thats rare.

However when I had severe acne two years ago and was lathering on BP i got a shit ton of red marks which are still visible. They have become much more faded but my entire cheek on each side was just red dots.

Posted

My red marks are nearly 2 months old and no major improvement so far. Maybe about 40-50% of my red marks just already faded. I hope my kojic acid cream will bring back my confidence. God bless me. :cry::boohoo::angel:

Posted

I also always feel like Im one of the very few people at my school with acne/red marks/scars.

I had terrible breakouts from August to October in 2009 and the red marks are still really visible. The thing is that I have done about 5 GA peels along with Dan's AHA (which I substitute with ACV sometimes) and the marks are there here!! Just two to three years ago my red marks fade away after 2-3 months w/o exfoliating at all. I thought BP was causing my red marks to last longer but even after I stopped using it, my red marks still take forever to heal.

Red marks are the least of my problems though cause I have indented scarring where the red marks are...

Posted

awwww I have red marks too!! It sucks cause like I wear a lot of cover up!!! I'm currently breaking out on my chin only and if I could remember, it takes me about six months for them to fade completely. I'm currently on retin a micro and I'm having my first GA peel done tuesday so I hope I can fade me in the next two months!!! I hate going out and piling on the makeup!!!! :wacko: I never broken out this bad before and it sucks!

Posted

I've had marks since mid August of 09 so it's been almost 5 months and counting.. and the marks arent getting any lighter..

Posted

2,5 years. :/ Sigh... they are a lot less visible now but can still see them when looking carefully.

Posted
yeah mine seem to be taking forever. I'm 16 years old and I've had red marks since october. I have no active acne now, but it still looks like I have plenty of acne as the red marks are very visible. :(

bruceLi, i have the same problem as you.

sucks doesnt it :/

Posted
Mine takes almost a year to go away.

Same. They take a reallllllly long time.

Posted

Same for me.

Used to be quick for me as a teen, they were gone in less than a week even.

These days the minor acne still can take months and months. The worst red marks i swear i still have them from about 3 years ago.