Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne.be.gone

My Log...please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong!

I am a college student and have been on the regime for a week already, and this is my first post.

I was on Benzamycin 5% before I started this regime, so I just went directly to the full amount of 2.5% BP.

cleansed using clean and clear morning burst for 15 sec.

waited 10 min to dry.

applied full amount of BP from acne.org

waited 10 min.

applied curel lotion, a little less than a full squirt.

(PROBLEM: the lotion clumps with the BP...how do I fix?)

9 hrs of sleep other night

15 papules

1 white head

Edited by acne.be.gone

Going to sleep early tonight at 12am.

same routine as always...my skin on the cheeks seem to be getting redder and more raw looking..whenever i put on the bp, the skin looks more raw.

i found out that if i rub in the lotion for shorter amounts of time, the lotion doesn't clump with the bp.

17 papules

2 whiteheads (popped one of them with sterilized needle

Hi there! Welcome to the forum :)

That regimen your using is pretty much what I do, although I wait for about 2 minutes between the cleanser and the bp.

Just drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit, have a positive outlook and morale on things and you'll get there! Also maybe going to sleep a bit earlier might help but, I can't really talk :P.

Good luck!

Thank you for your advice! I will drink more water, eat more fruits, and go to sleep earlier.

13 papules

2 white heads (popped)

Curious: why is it better to not pop white heads? If they are going to pop anyways, why not pop them with a sterilized needle?

Thanks for your input.

10 papules

2 white heads

pretty stressful day..i wish i had enough time to go to sleep earlier..

i am drinking more water now though

Edited by acne.be.gone

drinking more water these days, only rubbing in lotion for like 10 seconds so that it doesn't clump with bp (after waiting 10 min inbetween)

12 papule

0 white heads

12 papule

3 whiteheads (popped, i just can't help it...)

found that the longer i let the bp dry, the less the ltion clumps with the bp

Edited by acne.be.gone

How long have you been on the Regimen now?

For the first couple weeks your BP is probably going to clump with your moisturizer depending on the moisturizer/ and as your skin is getting used to it (the BP). What moisturizer are you using? Also, have you considered jojoba oil? When I first started the regimen, I wasn't using Dan's jojoba oil, but I was using an offshoot brand. I found that it helped with the clumpiness, and the flakes as well. Is your skin dry at all?

Good luck also =)

Thank you for the advise!

It's been 3 weeks since I started the regime. I am using curel ultra healing lotion right now...my skin is really oily actually. i just discovered today that even if i don't put on bp for an hour, my skin still doesn't flake. i didn't dare leave it like that though and put lotion on after i remembered.

i might try jojoba oil...what is it? and what does it do for my skin?

8 papule

0 white heads

Edited by acne.be.gone

11 papule

1 whitehead (popped with sterilized needle)

I keep on accidentally touching my face whenever it kinda gets itchy again...gotta resist...must resist.

still drinking lots water

11 papule

1 whitehead (popped with sterilized needle)

new papule formed ontop of my lip...very annoying, must have accidentally touched it sometime... :(

skin around cheeks are starting to flake..should I use a scrub to get the extra skin off?

Edited by acne.be.gone

more acne than ever now...

21 papule

3 white heads

i have no idea what happened. today all of a sudden a whole ton of pimples started to grow.

the only difference in my habits that i've noticed is that yesterday, i slept for about 8 hours. i also washed my sheets/blanket, but not with fabric softener...

i hope this goes away quickly

Shame that happened, just keep trying and keep positive about it all. Don't scrub! It irritates your skin, just likes wipes, use your hands and some water from the sink to wash it.

Jojoba oil is great for getting off flakey skin, and a great moisturizer too. I heard a lot about it and about 3 weeks ago I got tired a dry skin and decides to try out the jojoba oil. It's great stuff! Even works to fight the acne too! I'm not sure where you live but most drugstores will have it. Holland and Barrett in the UK.

Good luck, just remain positive, don't look in the mirror too much, and keep at it.

Thank you for the encouragement! I will check out the jojoba oil.

15 papules

4 white heads (very small right now)

going to sleep now and plan to wake up tomorrow at 10 am, so about to get 9 hours of sleep

there is lots of flaky skin around my chin, but i don't know who to remove it...it doesn't come off with cleanser or anything. i should remove it b/c i think the dead skin is actually causing more pimples, so how do i remove the dead skin safely??

11 papule

2 white heads (popped with sterilized needle)

went out tonight, bleh not that good

bought some jojoba oil and AHA from Dan's site yesterday. Hope it arrives soon.. going to get 7 hours of sleep

it's the weekend, so it's the usual sleeping late...i gotta fix this...

10 papule

3 white heads

i still don't know of any way to remove the dead skin without irritating the rest of my face...any suggestions?

yeah those papule are crazy....crazy weekend also, absolutely ridiculous, really fun

9 papule

1 white head (popped with sterilized needle)

no matter what, i am sticking to this regime!!

Edited by acne.be.gone

10 papule

1 whitehead

working hard today, going to sleep soon.

thinking about buying st. ives face scrub and using it sparingly just to get the dead flaky skin off my face...

11 papule

1 whitehead (popped)

my face is really oily now and itchy. i think the flaky dead skin is causing the itchiness...since no one advised not to buy st. ives, i've going to walgreens to buy it tomorrow. I'll just use it once a week to remove the dead skin...

14 papule

2 white heads

had an interview today so it was kinda stressful. used st. ives scrub, i hope i don't have more breakouts...

had an increase of breakouts today i think because of lack of water and more stress.