Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFC

I miss pizza!

What foods do you guys miss, for those of you on these very limiting diets?

I'm on the candida diet so I miss a lot of things lol. However, I don't miss having acne :)

Pizza is one of them.

Went to whole foods yesterday+today and just said *F*&k it*. ate a slice of cheese, small cup of coleslaw, and a pomegranate flavored yogurt by "The Greek Gods". Today, I got an inflamed bump, and i'm pretty sure it was due to those two meals as i havent gotten any active acne in a while, being on a strict diet. tried to pop the sh1t out, unsuccessful, bruised skin, great. It was good though. Tired of seeing people eat what breaks me out at will and not get a single break out themselves.

Edited by donnyten

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't find this thread helpful in any way lol :( making me crave

If you are missing all these foods make your own!!

Pizza:

Get a grain that works for you. Make sure its a high protein one so it will bind well without adding things. I buy durum whole wheat semolina, it is low gi as well.

-Flour (500 grams) (3 and a half cups).

-Warm water (350cc) (1 and a half cups).

-1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.

Dough

Put the flour onto a large plate and make a hole in the middle.

Pour in the EVOO and the warm water into the hole and with a spatula start mixing it in.

Mix with your hands to make a dough.

Flour the work surface a little.

Knead the dough briefly with your hands pushing and folding. Knead just long enough for the dough to take in a little more flour, and until it no longer sticking to your hands.

Transfer dough to deep bowl spread with a tiny bit of EVOO.

Cut a cross on the top and spread a tiny bit of EVOO on top (stop the dough breaking).

Leave sit for 2 hours to rise.

Take it out and cut into 3 equal parts.

With a rolling pin roll it into a pizza base.

Toppings

Transfer pizza to a nonstick pan and top with all natural tomato sauce(not ketchup).

Any other toppings are optional.

I use chicken, vegetables, raw goats cheese and EVOO.

Bake in a 500 F (260C) oven for 20-25 minutes.

Cheese or substitute should be added 5-10 minutes before pizza is done.

Chocolate:

In a bowl over a pan of boiling water add 5 tblespoons of coconut oil and 5 raw cocoa powder and mix together.

Add stevia to taste.

If you would perfer less cocoa content add coconut milk and less cocoa.

Leave rest in fridge till solid

Chocolate:

In a bowl over a pan of boiling water add 5 tblespoons of coconut oil and 5 raw cocoa powder and mix together.

Add stevia to taste.

do you think that'd be alright for a candida diet?

I suffer from acne but pizza is the one thing that i cant give up, 3 days ago i had about 7 slices of frozen pizza and the day after that 8 pieces of little ceasars, i didnt really affect my face, maybe like one or 2 new pimples :D

Chocolate:

Add stevia to taste.

do you think that'd be alright for a candida diet?

Its really good against candida coconut is fantastic fto fight it

I have these sugar free dark chocolate mint candies from dove but contain alcohol sugar. Is that just as bad as sugar itself?

And yes OMG i miss pizza sooooo bad. My friend at lunch was eating a digorno in front of me and i was drooling the entire time and he was like here have some im like nah im good.

Edited by JayQ

Ever since I changed my diet, I don't crave anything in particular. If you are craving a specific thing, something is off balance in your body. Oh and the reason people say they love pizza so much is because cheese is addictive - same with sugar, dairy, and meat. There is a documentary out there on Google video on this subject.

Edited by acnejean

I have been dieting for a hot minute now, the cravings are definitely long gone, missing is something completely different then craving. Hmmm.. maybe this would have been more appropriate in the emotional and psychological effects of acne forums. But then again this topic has no direction so inevitably it would lead to recipes and such, thanks for the input everyone.

I MISS MY CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

There are so many ways I can indulge in chocolate, I am almost sick of it, haha. This brand purely decadent, makes an ice cream out of coconut milk(dairy free), agave syrup(low glycemic, does not give me any problems), and cocoa powder(ground cocoa beans, dairy free). It does not give me any problems and tasted exactly how I remember chocolate ice cream tasting like. It doesn't taste funky like soy or rice ice creams and doesn't use cane sugar. Soy and rice never do well for me. Plus common grocery stores sell it too. Sorry, Rant///////.

Thanks MFC, Im going to give it a try! :dance: