Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodlife

Any of you ever struggle mentally?

Have you ever found it hard to motivate yourself, or struggle emotionally?

Any tips for keeping a positive attitude?

Edited by goodlife

I thought someone would move it. I wanted to specifically ask people with scars. The regular posters here all seem to just have acne and most of the regular posters with scars don't post here.

Could you please move it back to see what response it gets?

Thanks

I understand what you're saying. I have slightly indented scars that also have hyperpigmentation in them. So in order to make myself feel better I just hide them with my hair :/

Of course. Acne scar patients tend to have no cofidence, sad, withdrawn from society, depressed, anxiety attacks, some may even be suicidal

Personally, I just start thinking about how things could be much worse and I'm thankful things aren't worse.

I think about all the s*t going in the world and how much worse some people have it.

You could think of the guy with the burned face, the amputee begging on the street, the guy paralyzed from the neck down, people with severe deformities, people living in total poverty going without any food for days, living in a totally f'd up country, etc.

When I think of this, I kind of get angry at myself and think why the f'k do I even worry about my scars.

It gives me strength and confidence to go out and not give a f'k what people think.

However, people constantly staring at your face, looking at you like you're a leper or something, eventually drags you down again.

(Note that my scars have significantly improved over the years so they don't bother me or make me feel as bad as before)

Edited by tj101

scars may heal and change over time ,though it should be a rather long time .

my father had severe acne when young ,as a result,severe scars.when i am a kid, i did notice his scars but i didnt feel any disgusting,though i felt digusting ,disappointed and depressed about mine.whatever....my fathers scars are much less noticable now but 10 years passed:(

my scar naturally healed and changed in the past 2 years but i still cant accept.

i believe that anyone,who has scars on his face,must struggle in the first 2-3 years, every single day.

besides,i dont think we need to pretend to being happy or keep a positve attitude, we need to find some guys and speak out our real feeling.Dont avoid negative attitude,thats natural right?

so waht i suggest you is to find some other meaningful things in your life.we are human as a whole not just skins.

Edited by MAXIROGERLEDES

What helps me goodlife is simply working as hard as I can to deal with my struggles. If I'm working hard to keep moving in a positive direction I feel much better about myself. Exercise, treatments to improve my scars, therapy, eating healthy. Whatever you need to help you. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes. And of course getting positive support from any place you can get it. Forums like this ect..Every day can be a struggle and a battle. But we just have to keep on fighting any never give up. We can overcome this adversity if we stay focused. Good luck brother.

I used to struggle yes about 5 years ago when my scars were at their worst. I'm doing so much better now though, after spending thousands of pounds on treatments my skin is quite a bit better. Not perfect but a big improvement definitely. I was lucky that I could afford the treatments as I was left some money in a will. It was good timing...

Edited by Dazarooni

i got my first scars when i was 18. that was 10 years ago. i'm still getting acne and new scars. there is no end in sight with this thing. It's hard to remain positive when you keep getting hit with these things and you feel helpless about it.

i feel like this story ain't gonna end until my whole face is scarred. every inch of it.

Im really sad to hear that some of you had these scars for 6, 8 or even 10 years. Ive had them for over 2 years and I can fairly well say that there wasn't truly a day that I can say im legitly happy. These 2 years plus are like a terrible nightmare to me. I never thought it will be happening to me. Everyday is a mental struggle.

Its like one of those things like you see plane crashes, buidling collaspes, and you will always think to yourself, i'll never be in this situation. But from that persepective, we are certainly luckier that our case isn't life and death.

Sure I do joke around with friends, resume a normal life with its activities. But I find it hard to appreciate life as it is with its intricacies.

I really really wonder what would happen if one day I can get to remove scars totally. It will literally be the most anticipated day of my life. lols.