Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I stopped taking vitamin A supplements after a bad experience with them last week. I started eating carrots (about 7 /day) and I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin over the course of a few days. I know they have loads of vitamin A (as beta carotene) but do you think someone can eat too much carrots?

please discuss...

7 a day? Are you kidding? Yes you can eat too much, and 7 is too much. I get full just after one.

If you're eating that many carrots then you must be eating nothing else, meaning no junk, that might explain why your skin is better.

Might try a sweet potato instead if you get tired of all those carrots. I like to stir fry bite size pieces of it in coconut oil with lots of yummy spices like cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, etc (basically pumpkin pie spice). Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

The vitamin a from tablets and that of carrots and such are different!

I don't see a problem with this much beta carotene however i do see a problem with 7 carrots.

You need a bit of variety

I should mention that they are rather small sized carrots (about 5 inches in length). I get some kind of allergic reaction to raw carrots so I boil them for about 10 minutes. I love them!!

How can you get "full" from only a carrot? They are a very low calorie veggie. Everyone is different I guess.

I will soon start mixing it up with sweet potatoes and other vegetables high in vit A. I eat a lot of broccoli, tomatoes, cucumber, and melon everyday also.