Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just got a prescription for Sotret....and every single pharmacy is telling me that it is discontinued!!! Why would she give me a script for something they can't even fill? And why did they disco?!?!?!

just got my RX and they didn't have claravis, which is what I had been on for my entire course.. now i'm on amnesteem :/ .. oh well hopefully it is the same if not better!

and duchamp - I've been on claravis for my entire course and am doing well.

There is an issue with the company that makes soret I believe. I don't have time to post the link to the article, but I will later. It has to due with them withdrawing certian batches that something was wrong with the pills.

http://www.biospace.com/news_story.aspx?St...3531&full=1

This isn't the first time they had to due this either, I think at one point there was a investigation into this company and thier issues with specification of thier accutane pills.

Edited by oli girl

Yes, it's been recalled twice during this last year. Very scary since we're talking about a very serious medication. I hope the FDA is looking at this very closely. I wouldn't blame anyone who questions sotret even when its back on the market. In the US we're basically down to claravis and amnesteem now.

Not even "basically" down to claravis and amnesteem.. We are down to just claravis and amnesteem in the US! What's worse is that the prices for these brands doubled a few months ago. It's rather BS for people like me paying out of pocket.

You know my pharmacist mumbled something to me about Sotret being discontinued. My derm had prescribed me Claravis but the pharmacy only had Sotret in stock so they gave me that. I wonder if they just said that to get rid of it!

You know my pharmacist mumbled something to me about Sotret being discontinued. My derm had prescribed me Claravis but the pharmacy only had Sotret in stock so they gave me that. I wonder if they just said that to get rid of it!

Uhhh...I picked up my prescription on Tuesday and it was two boxes of Sotret.

Leftovers?