Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WarEagles15

Accutane Experience

Hey guys I wanted to let you all know my experience on Accutane so far. I'm 20 years old and am taking one 40mg pill of Amnesteem(generic for Accutane) a day. I've been on Accutane for exactly two months(started about November 11) and my face is starting to finally clear up. During the first month, my face got worse(I was worried and didnt know what to do), but after that it's been clearing up. It's not unusual for your face to get worse before it gets better. I've been washing my face twice a day with Cetaphil and have been eating extremely healthy and drinking ALOT of water and Vitamin Water and I've totally avoided eating junk foods and fast food, which I havent eaten since I've started. All that's left is just some redness on my face, which is slowly starting to clear up and all the pimples/whiteheads are gone and I've avoided shaving on and near the areas of my face that had acne until my face is fully clear. the biggest thing I believe to have is patience on Accutane because your face will start to clear itself. I've also had to get my blood drawn every month. I've tried several over the counter products including AcneFree, Neutrogenia Oil Free Face Wash, Clean and Clear Benzoyl Peroxide, and Clearsil and none of them really worked at all they pretty much made my face a little worse. I've truly believe Accutane is the BEST thing for people with acne who want their face to get clear. Im about halfway done with Accutane and can't wait to be acne free in 2-3 more months!!

kudos!

This is probably the most neutral emotional response I have read thus far about tane, save your ending, which shows your happiness. Good luck!

I'm so glad to hear such a positive response to accutane. I literally just took my second accutane pill. No side effects yet, but I think im just a little over paranoid about them. I'm mostly scared of the initial breakout... I really can't imagine how much worse my face can get... I am currently 18 and taking 40mg daily.

I'm so glad to hear such a positive response to accutane. I literally just took my second accutane pill. No side effects yet, but I think im just a little over paranoid about them. I'm mostly scared of the initial breakout... I really can't imagine how much worse my face can get... I am currently 18 and taking 40mg daily.

Don't be scared of the initial break, which it is hard not to be scared of it, but the reason it will get worse as it did me is because the Accutane is working and removing the blackheads and bacteria from the pores of your skin. Just be patient. Being patient was my biggest problem, but I've overcame that now since I've seen the Accutane working. I look back now to when I started in November and I can't believe I've been on Accutane for 2 months time flies. Drink plenty of water and use any kind of chapstick bc your lips will get chapped

Here's an update: About to start my 4th month of Accutane(Amnesteem) on Tuesday and my skin is really clearing up. All the pimples and everything is gone, all that's left is just some redness but the redness is slowly clearing up. I went to my dermatologist today and he said I should be done with Accutane in about 2 months and will never have acne again the rest of my life!!! I was so excited when he said this!! I'm assuming the last of this redness will be gone by then too. Accutane is amazing and is the best treatment for acne. Anyways Accutane has worked great for me and I look forward to see the coming results in my last 2 months!!

Edited by WarEagles15