Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Bean

Found Face Reality in my town

Last spring I ended up with pneumonia and had to do 2 rounds of nasty antibiotics. At first, I thought it was great because my skin totally cleared up. However, 1 month later my skin was worse than ever. I have always had trouble with bumps and blackheads on my cheeks and chin but after the antibiotics I had inflamed acne all over my cheeks. So I went from April till November trying all kinds of things that didn’t work or made it worse. I’m not an easy case. I am sensitive to most every acid out there and my skin really reacts. I also can’t use scrubs. My skin gets pissed and breaks out in tons of little inflamed pimples. Anyway I am happy now because I am seeing real progress. I have been going to Art of Skin Care in Redding and Jeana started me on the Face Reality Skincare the first week of December. She tested me for the acids and for BPO. Here is what I am using:

AM

Face Reality Acne Wash

Rhonda Allison Raspberry Toner

Face Reality Mandelic Serum Light

Face Reality SPF for Acne prone skin

PM

Face Reality Acne Wash

Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion

Face Reality Acne Med 2.5%

I still have some bumps that I can feel under the skin but I only have one “active†bump and all my red spots are fading. I have been dry and flakey which I hate. I called Jeana and she said that this is part of the process and it is helping clear my skin. I am amazed that even though my skin is dry I am not having the usual acid reaction.

I can’t wait for the bumps to be gone! I have an appointment at Art of Skin Care on Saturday for a facial and to check my progress.

Ok, had my visit at Art of Skin Care. I had an enzyme facial. My skin is really looking clear. I have one bump on my cheek from wearing my ski goggles. It doesn't seem to be coming to a head just kind of tender and hanging out. I have one very small pimple on my forhead. The pebble like bumps under the skin are much smoother. The enzyme facial took care of the last of my flakys. Jeana changed my routine and now I am using the Vitamin A Serum at night. Here is my routine:

AM

Face Reality Acne Wash

Face Reality Mandelic Serum Light.

Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion

Julie Hewett loose mineral foundation

PM

Face Reality Acne Wash

Vivan Derm A Gel (wait 10 minutes)

Face Reality Acne Med 2.5 (I don't always remember to put this on)

My skin hasn't been this clear since I was 10!

I also receive treatment from Jeana at Art of Skin Care in Redding, CA. I am 22 years old and thought my acne days were over, but for the last year and a half I have been dealing with the worst case of acne I have ever experienced. When I came to Art of Skin Care I had very inflamed acne all over my cheeks, chin, and jawline. It was very painful! Since December Jeana has started me on a program using products from Face Reality. Today I am happy to say I have one pimple! Here is my current home care regime:

AM

Face Reality Acne Wash

Face Reality Salicylic Antiseptic Toner

Face Reality Mandelic Serum 15% (Wait 5 minutes)

Face Reality BPO 5%

Face Reality SPF for Acne Prone Skin

PM

Face Reality Acne Wash

Face Reality Salicylic Antiseptic Toner

Vitamin A Serum (Wait 15 minutes)

Face Reality BPO 5%

Face Reality BPO 10% with Sulfur for active pimples

I just started using the Vitamin A Serum at night for the passed two weeks. At first my skin was peeling a little and very dry. Today it is soft and not flaking anymore. Looks and feels great! I have an appointment with Jeana on Feb 25th to do a skin peel to lighten the dark pigmentation that the acne left behind.

Edited by sparklesacb