Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baily30

Ziana and Doxy jouney

Well Iam starting this log at week 5.. After reading thought it would be a good idea for people doing Ziana to read and for myself to look at my progress( well I hope )..

SO Dec. 1 I started Ziana and Doxy antibotics.. I had whitehead bumps on my cheeks and got cystic acne..

So on week 5 my patients are running pretty low.. It wouldnt be so bad but my breakouts are sooooo red, when I dont have makeup on I look pretty sad. I have about 10 red spots. 2 cystic spots. Which I know it gets worse before better so thats the only thing thats keeping me going. I will at least give it a try and see if this does help and then I know.. Besides its winter, we dont do much in winter LOL

From the info I have gathered it takes between 8-10wks b4 I should see something or notice any sort of difference.. Ugh at least 4 more weeks thats scary..

Luckily alot of my previous red marks are fading out, so I hope these bright red ones on my face do.. And I pray that by March my face will be clear as I am standing up in a huge wedding. My face, besides my red spots looks pretty good, I can say that.

I dont get that oily from the ziana anymore. My face doesnt peel..that only happened the first week.

I wash my face with PCA from my esthetician, which I see once a month..I wash morning and night.

I did go to esthetician b4 I went to the Derm but it was taking to long and costing alot. Right now I am kinda regretting going to the derm as my face is worse, but I know its for the best.. All I want is clear skin, I mean am I asking that much .. LOL I am in my early 30s I should have to deal with this crap..

Ok I will write again soon.. Please post anything you want if your using ziana

I don't want to discourage you since everyone is totally different but Ziana made my acne so much worse it's not even funny. I waited exactly 10 weeks and when I realized that I went from having a couple scattered cysts to 40-50 red bumps 10 weeks later, I quit on the spot. My skin has since (1 week ago) improved a lot. I am weening myself off Doxy btw. Also, BP was included in that dreadful regimen. Just wanted to share my experience, good luck!

Well week 6 is going pretty good. Still have some breakouts which are clearing. I went to my esthetician last night and she hydrated my face up and put something on my breakouts to make them come to head and speed the process up. She also gave my some vit c for my face and something for the redness. She wants me to come back in 2 wks to see how things are going, free of charge, how nice is that.

I may start doing the ziana everyother night, well see.. I only have about 2 new breakouts from last week, otherwise everything else is healing. One thing I have noticed since starting ziana is its making me breakout on my back shoulders, which I never did. Thats kinda weird.. Thats all so far, wish me luck and any input would be nice!!!

Hi Baily.

I'm on Ziana and Doxy as well. Started late December so I've been on them for around 3 weeks. Haven't seen any improvement yet, still getting breakouts.

I would be interested in following your progress. I'm curious, what dosage amount of Doxycycline are you taking? I'm currently taking 75mg.

Good luck on your journey.

Hi Baily.

I'm on Ziana and Doxy as well. Started late December so I've been on them for around 3 weeks. Haven't seen any improvement yet, still getting breakouts.

I would be interested in following your progress. I'm curious, what dosage amount of Doxycycline are you taking? I'm currently taking 75mg.

Good luck on your journey.

Iam on 100mg, well great we will have to let eachother know when something good comes out of this! 6 wks so far, something has to give pretty soon. From what I have read most people it takes 10 wks

Hello Ladies,

I thought I'd join you on your ziana and doxy journey. I started Ziana October 29th, but started every 3rd day. For The last two weeks I’ve been using it every other day. I heard that if you start off slowly it can help with the IB. I also started 100mg of Doxy Dec.21st. I have to say my face hasn’t gotten any better or worst. I’m still breaking out. I was really worried about the IB, but I haven’t really noticed anything yet. I’m going to just stick with it and eventually bump it up to every night. I know it will probably take longer to clear me up (if it ever does), but I just don’t want my face to react badly. I don’t have the heart to go through a bad IB. My derm also threw benzaclin in the mix. I use the ziana at night, benzaclin in the day and on my off days I just use benzaclin at night.

I have to say I was very scared to start ziana but i dont regret it so far.

Hi there Cilia

More the merrier, then we have more input from eachother. I am surprised that you have seen much of a difference seen as you been doing it for over 3mts.. but u do only use it every 2,3 rd day .. I think my face was getting way worse because I was putting to much on.. and Iam debating on using everyother night.. as I just wish to get this done with to see if it works or not..

Week 7 going pretty good. From my last post last week I have had only one breakout, which is pry a first that I went a week. I did start going to everyother night putting Ziana on, which is pry helping with that. I just cant handle my face breaking out so much like it was when I put ziana on everynight.

Esp. with the red scars it leaves. I did buy some PCA vitamin C lotion and some anti-redness serum and I am so happy. Ism assuming the anti-red serum is whats helping my redness but it works. During the day when I have my makeup on I could still see my scars well with this anti red stuff my face is soooo much better cant seen nothing but bumps which is better. So that made me happy!

I only have like 4 breakouts, one big one on my forhead, oh yeah. So hopefully at the end of the week iam doing better. My current breakouts are healing but what about all the rest of the bumps on my face, ugh. Iam always afraid to use the ziana cuz I am afraid I will wake up in the morning with another breakout, but I guess I will stick with it.. Also I am usually in the sun all summer, its a realllll bummer that you cant be in the sun with this stuff. Not sure what I will do. First I will see how good it works. If I do get a clear face in the next two months then I will continue thru out summer but if it doesnt do wonders I will pry go off then maybe start up again b4 winter.. Summer time my face isnt bad at all.. Seems like the sun dries my breakouts or something.. I don tknow.. But every other winter I would usually go tanning just becuz of my skin. Well this past winter is when I said I dont want to do that anymore not only becuz its bad but I have to get to the source or problem.

I started every other night and since than my face has been so bad. I woke up this morning with two cysts, one in my chin which usually happens and one in my cheek, which never happened before. My face doesn't even heal as well as it used to. I can still see red marks from the breakouts I had a couple of weeks ago. I’m Feeling very discouraged and disappointed.

hi everyone in new to this site also to the new medications i started about a week ago. im also on ziana and doryx 150mg. i have bad scars from the acne. i never tried or did anythin to take care of the acne that is probably why i have scars hopefullythese meds help.

hi everyone in new to this site also to the new medications i started about a week ago. im also on ziana and doryx 150mg. i have bad scars from the acne. i never tried or did anythin to take care of the acne that is probably why i have scars hopefullythese meds help.

Good luck. I guess my only advice to you is to be patient. I seem to be slowly clearing from my last break out. Still forming new cysts in my chin, but trying to stay positive.

Week 8.....I starting using it everyother day ... Kinda relieved the nights I dont wear it because it seems when I do I wake up with another breakout versus using BP. I ve been pretty much breaking out in the same spot by my mouth/ lower cheek ..RIght side worse than Left. At the end of last week I course broke all out, In the beggining of the week thought I was on the up swing...So I have 4 med breakouts on my ride side. 3 small on my left. I go to my ethesian tomarrow which she always makes my fabetter so thank god.. So who knows, I am going to wait 10 wks then I am done...

I'm still breaking out, but nothing major. Im starting to use the Ziana every night. I just need to get this over and done with... Any updates?

Week 9 Well my journey has ended, sorry. My face was soo broken down it looked aweful.. I dont want anyone else to quit because I did.Everyone is different and theres alot of success stories just not hear. Since I stopped my face is recovering nicely, slowly getting better. Still stuck with the redness which stinks. I have 4 breakouts that I have had b4 I quit. I regret ever starting it and makes me mad that I have these red marks I am stuck with.. I havent really broken out that bad since stopping, I also stopped the doxy..Keep writing your journey as I will be curious if it works 4 you!!

Week 9 Well my journey has ended, sorry. My face was soo broken down it looked aweful.. I dont want anyone else to quit because I did.Everyone is different and theres alot of success stories just not hear. Since I stopped my face is recovering nicely, slowly getting better. Still stuck with the redness which stinks. I have 4 breakouts that I have had b4 I quit. I regret ever starting it and makes me mad that I have these red marks I am stuck with.. I havent really broken out that bad since stopping, I also stopped the doxy..Keep writing your journey as I will be curious if it works 4 you!!

Really sorry to hear that. :( .. Things aren’t looking too bad for me. I seem to be doing ok. I still have acne in places that I never had before Ziana. My face is also very oily, which is ANNOYING. I'm still staying positive. I’m going to get clear. I'm convincing myself.

I'm using ziana and doxy as well. The first two weeks were horrid, my face got worse and I had flakey, scaley skin. Then I started taking zinc everyday and my skin improved. The flakeyness went away and the ziana was getting all the pimples out. I'm at week five and I have probably only three pimples left, but tons of red marks. I'm jsut using Mederma to get rid of them and it's helped. For those who are reading this, ziana can work, it all depends. But I do suggest taking supplements while on it and doxy.

My 12 yr old and I both tried Ziana and it made matters worse. Apparently it works well for some people and not for others. We were each prescribed the medication but only opened one tube to see how it worked. So now I have a new, unopened 60 gram tube. If anyone doesn't have prescription benefits and the retail cost ($360 here) is prohibitive please email me.

What has worked for us is Lerosette by Gunilla of Sweden. I still can't believe how clear my face is- it has been red, irritated, and covered in cystic acne for 22 years. In one week my face was clear. I still have scars to cover up but no zits.