Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silverangelx

Is it okay to start with a full finger's length?

Sometimes I think I ask too many questions :/

Anyway, my skin has gotten used to Dan's BP really well - no flaking, no dryness, can barely tell it's on my face... and I've been using a full finger's length pretty much after the first day. (I used a 10% BP solution for a bit before the regimen anyway)

It hasn't been causing me any discomfort. If the only point of waiting before you ramp up your dosage is so that your skin can get used to the BP without discomfort, can't I just use a full finger's length from the beginning? (since my skin feels no discomfort)

Thanks!

This is a bad idea as the effects the BP has on your skin will show in 1-2 weeks time. Many people go from using a 10% BP solution to dans BP with confidence and end up with dryness and redness due to starting to fast. I suggest you read this for just a general overview and correct mindset on the regimen. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/state-min...rn-t117898.html

Start off slow and up your dosage as suggested. Trust me on this one and you will thank yourself a few weeks down the track. :)

Thanks guys :) But aussie, I don't experience any redness or irritation right now... my skin's pretty tough I think. I think I'll continue to use a finger's length because I actually do see my acne clearing up right now! If any bad side effects occur, you can say "I told you so." haha :P

Adi - not many. this would be my 6th day i think.

I read about a lot of people who end up using a dime size of BP for only one time a day at night because their skin is so sensitive or whatnot.

I've been using a full finger for over two weeks now and I haven't any bad side-effects except for some common redness and flaking which I think most everyone goes through. If you feel fine doing this then go for it IMO.

If a full finger's length is not affecting your skin adversely then continue doing that.. But if by any chance you experience any redness ... Reduce the amount the next time cause it will just aggravate your redness... Good luck ..

I definitely advise you to go slowly as instructed. trust me i learned the hard way. i used one whole finger size of bp starting the first day and i thought i was fine and dandy til the 4th day. tomato face!!!! and extreme drynesss! i'm tallkin flake central!!! take it slow. don't get too excited like i did. you'll be glad you did.