Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lorettalynn

HELP!! will this work for me??

I started suffering from acne when i was around 15 years old. I am now 24 and my acne has recently gotten to be worse than ever. I have tried almost everything. I've been on antibiotics, birth control, i've used proactive, murad... the list goes on. I have not consistently had acne for the past 9 years, just on and off, here and there. In the past, my acne consisted of whiteheads on my cheeks and cheekbones. These past few months I have had painful, red cyst like acne on my jawline and even going down onto my neck. I always figured that as I got older, my acne problem would slowly fade away, and is seems to be doing the opposite. I am desperate, and I am really thinking about doing this Dan's Regimine.. i'm just worried that it will let me down like everything else has in the past. As completely embarrassing as it is, I am posting a few pictures along with this because I am desperate for any advice.

post-120031-1262934807_thumb.jpg

post-120031-1262934858_thumb.jpg

post-120031-1262934807_thumb.jpg

post-120031-1262934858_thumb.jpg

Hmm...your acne looks a bit like mine. Apparently acne around the jaw and mouth area is because of a hormonal imbalance. What products are you using at this very moment?

Hmm...your acne looks a bit like mine. Apparently acne around the jaw and mouth area is because of a hormonal imbalance. What products are you using at this very moment?

I am currently using murad.. and that obviously is not helping. i went to the dermatologist in september and he put me on an antibiotic..i took it for about 2 months and didn't notice any bit of a difference so i quit taking that. i know if i go back he will want me to go on accutane and i can't do that because i don't have insurance right now. i just want to find something that works!! i'm so sick of my face looking like this!!! :(

I would say back away from the Murad ASAP. I never went on that product because there are so many bad reviews about people breaking out even worse. (Just look it up on this site.) It might not be reacting to you very well.

The same thing happened to me with Proactiv. After a while it just made me worse and I had to stop.

You might like some of the products that Dermalogica has. I find a few of them work nicely (like their masks and exfoliators).

Some of those zits do look pretty deep so your dermatologist will most likely have to give you something. Maybe ask for Finacea. It's okay with acne but it's great when it comes to returning your skin tone back to normal. It's a pretty good product!

Accutane would be a great thing to try but I can see why you don't want it because of the insurance. Even WITH insurance it's SO expensive. It's disgusting how much money they want for a drug.

What birth control pills have you tried?

Edited by mercyunbound

i was on orthotricyclen lo for a while then i switched to a generic brand of orthotricyclen. it has been over a year since i quit taking birth control but i never noticed a difference in my complexion while i was on them.

i have been doing a lot of research online and there are definitely lots of sources that say jawline acne is mostly caused by hormonal imbalances. all i know is that this is definitely a different kind of acne than i had when i was a teenager.

i am definitely going to stop using murad.. i think i am going to buy the products reccomended for the regime on this website. did you ever try that?

i will have to ask my dermatologist about finacea as i will be making an appointment there soon. hopefully that product is not too expensive.. :/ and...i've never heard of dermalogica.. but i am checking it out now. thanks :)