Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
av3ragejoe

Bacne regime thats not hard and works

Hi All,

So here is my regieme that works,

1)Use Isocol rubbing alcohol on your back at night before bed after a shower ( or whenever you feel your skin is oily) I find using cotton pads (for makeup removal) is the easiest way. You can apply it liberaly and I find it dosent dry my skin out.

You should be able to find this at a super market, i buy a bottle of it from woolworths.

After it is dry, only takes 5 mins or so, you can use a product to hep with the scars, I personally use bio-oil.

2)Use a scrubbing pad of some sort in the shower to exfoliate, I also recommned a product call QV which is dermatologist recommended and easy to get from your local chemist. I wouldnt recommend doing it every day, maybe once every 2-3 days.

3)I highly recommend not consuming any dairy products. If you must, have very little and steer well clear of cheese. I found cheese to be the worst for my condition and if I had any (any at all) I would get bad break outs.

4) Cut down on strong wheat products, but I dont feel their is a need to cut it out completely. Things like wheat-bix that are particuarly strong in wheat I would avoid. I personally eat light-rye bread which is a mix of rye and wheat and is available everywhere (aldi, woolworths, coles etc..)

5)I also recommend taking viatmin supplements, I currently take a multi every day and a fish oil 3 times a day. Vitamin C, Zinc are also good to supplement with.

6) Something you may not have come across.. Avoid Freeze dried coffee aka instant coffee, ... i dont know whats in it or if its just how it is made, but every time I have freeze dried coffee (instant coffee) i get break outs.

Following these steps, I have completely cleared my skin, and it is very very rare for me to get a break out (usually when i get cravings for dairy ).

Cheers,

Avg Joe

Edited by av3ragejoe