Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coyotelime

Trading Facial Acne for Bacne/Chest Acne

I think I would...I mean you never have to be shirtless around people if you don't choose so, but people will always see your face.

I have both , i guess that makes me marginally more awesome than you guys. =) sigh...

AHAHahaa! Before tane I used to get acne pretty much everywhere from the tip of my scalp down, except on my hands, feet, forearms and the legs from the knees down.

NOBODY want's body acne instead of facial acne. I promise - I suffer from both and I would NOT want one instead of the other- let alone both like I currently have

The ones on my back and shoulders hurts whenever I want to sit back in a chair, or when I am driving.

Also, I can't enjoy the pleasures of wearing tank tops in the summer- I wear t-shirts to cover my shoulders because whether or not they think I notice, people stare. I was also told by a rude classmate in high school (after spending time to try and look pretty for school in my brand new tank top) that I "shouldn't wear tank tops until that 'shit' clears up"

I also won't go swimming because my bathing suit exposes everything. I will go in my boyfriend's backyard but that is about all.

Also, at least in my case - it makes my back extremely itchy. I scratch and it hurts like hell.

I can't get back massages from my boyfriend let alone use gift certificates from the holidays two years ago because it hurts when people rub my back.

Low-cut (NOT slutty) tops are not an option for me. I am female and of course a lot of cute shirts for the summertime are somewhat low-cut... and guess what? I can't wear them because a lot of what you can see is red spots and whiteheads- YUM :-)

Body or chest acne also makes it hard to sleep sometimes because they get so swelled sometimes that it hurts to lay on them.

It also causes my chest to have a constant pink-ish rash on it because of irritation to sensitive skin. I think it is a result of having it.

I can go on and on- but please don't wish that on yourself. You don't notice how much your back is exposed until you have something like that to hide- and whether or not it is seen, it is still painful. Be thankful that it is ONLY on your face. It could be much worse - I don't want to sound like a spolier or the person who always has to argue - but consider before you say that please. Chest and bacne is NO fun.

Worrying about not having to be shirtless in front of people is alright in the winter. but if you live in a decently warm climate during the summertime and you are the only one sweating through a t-shirt (making the acne worse a lot of the time-esp the cystic stuff) in the scorching sun- it really sucks.

:confused:

I would nevereverever trade face acne for bacne/chest acne. To me, that's so much worse. Can't wear tank tops, or a bathing suit, etc. You get used to having your face out all day and that's more common than body acne I think... so no. Plus I have some shoulder acne and the scars on my arms won't go away. It's embarrassing and I'm constantly covering up my arms. My friend has really bad chest acne and I feel so bad for her. :( I can't even imagine.

Chest and back acne is as difficult to cope with as facial acne, trust me. So you don't wanna go wishing for it in return for a clear face.

One reason is that facial acne is so much more common that acne on the chest and back. For instance, a lot of people with facial acne don't have chest and back acne. So someone with trunkal acne is really much rarer than someone with facial acne, so you draw many more stares.

I have both face and trunk acne, and it made life really tough. Trunkal acne means I haven't gone swimming or taken off my shirt in public (other than once or twice when I had no choice) for coming to 15 years. Yup, fifteen long years.

And one of the worst things about trunckal acne is you're never sure how your new girlfriend or boyfriend is going to react to it. It's really tough. :confused:

Chest and back acne is as difficult to cope with as facial acne, trust me. So you don't wanna go wishing for it in return for a clear face.

One reason is that facial acne is so much more common that acne on the chest and back. For instance, a lot of people with facial acne don't have chest and back acne. So someone with trunkal acne is really much rarer than someone with facial acne, so you draw many more stares.

I have both face and trunk acne, and it made life really tough. Trunkal acne means I haven't gone swimming or taken off my shirt in public (other than once or twice when I had no choice) for coming to 15 years. Yup, fifteen long years.

And one of the worst things about trunckal acne is you're never sure how your new girlfriend or boyfriend is going to react to it. It's really tough. :confused:

Trade, trade!

However, my face is already damage coz of the acne breakouts I had, so yeah... but if made me choose I wouldn't want no acne of course hahaha but I would like to prefer it not on the face... noooooo!!! But it did appear anyway... :(

Edited by cinnamon girl

I would so rather have bacne. My back is perfectly clear and flawless and no one sees it.

LOL. Seriously.

As a woman, I don't know which one is worse. We are judged harshly on both our face and body.

That's when dating someone with acne comes in handy. You can relate to each other, and support one another. :)

speaking as someone who suffers from both severely.. i cant see any reason to trade one for the other.. both have their own downsides and both suck. period.

I've got both. I used to think "God, please, shift this crap on my face over to my back. I'd be happy with that trade." Instead, he decided to skip the shifting and just make new ones. Bacne sucks as much, if not more than facial acne. Facial acne's like "oh, he's got acne. Eh, no surprise considering I've seen him with it the past x amount of time I've known him." Bacne's like "Woah! Wtf is that shit?" Sometimes I wonder wtf's the point of working out when I can't show the results.