Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darlinjones

Huge pus-filled zit- what to do?

So my skin is sort of beginning to clear up, but I have this HUGE pus-filled zit beside my nose. I think it got so huge so fast because I've been using AHA as moisturizer, so that's probably what brought it to the surface so quickly?

I'm really not sure what to do about it at this point. Fortunately I'm snowed in right now, and won't have class again until Monday. Should I just continue with the regimen + AHA and hope it goes down? I had a huge zit (not quite as big as this one) on my forehead like a month ago, and it is still there! Smaller of course, but still there. I heard somewhere that if you don't remove the pus it could turn into a staph infection? Apparently I'm more susceptible to staph than the average person because I have been on antibiotics for about 4 years. Plus my mom has had it a couple times. :(

Should I put a hot washcloth on it for a while or something, to try and get the pus out?

I am attaching a photo for your viewing pleasure. ha

post-119063-1262908732_thumb.jpg

post-119063-1262908732_thumb.jpg

AHA usually turns little whiteheads to huge things like that for me. It's like feeding it. I'd apply tea tree oil and let it dry off, otherwise you will have a huge hole in your skin.

AHA usually turns little whiteheads to huge things like that for me. It's like feeding it. I'd apply tea tree oil and let it dry off, otherwise you will have a huge hole in your skin.

So if I tend to get a lot of little whiteheads, should I wait and use the AHA when my skin is clear, and just use it to make my skin smoother?

Unfortunately I am snowed in and don't have any tea tree oil :(

Soooo tempted to pop this right now.

It is sick.

ha

Just take some bathroom tissues and wrap a piece around two of your fingers and gently squeeze it from both sides and do not get any of the pus anywhere else on your face quickly get it with the tissue. Do this until you see blood. Then take another tissue and apply very slight pressure over it for 10 min. The tissue will prolly stick to it since blood dried up, thats ok, just gently pull it off and then apply BP on it. This is what i do and works well.

Soooo tempted to pop this right now.

It is sick.

ha

Just take some bathroom tissues and wrap a piece around two of your fingers and gently squeeze it from both sides and do not get any of the pus anywhere else on your face quickly get it with the tissue. Do this until you see blood. Then take another tissue and apply very slight pressure over it for 10 min. The tissue will prolly stick to it since blood dried up, thats ok, just gently pull it off and then apply BP on it. This is what i do and works well.

Thanks for the advice, but I actually just popped it about 5 minutes before reading this!

I read Dan's page on zit-popping beforehand. ha

I'm actually glad I popped it. I'm pretty sure it was ready. There wasn't blood spurting out like there sometimes is when you do it to soon. lol

Hold a hot cloth on it for 5 min, sterilize it with peroxide, take small sterilized needle and poke it gently, take the cloth again and gently push all around it til all pus comes out...apply COLD cloth with pressure to close the pore and stop the bleeding, apply aloe vera. Donezo