Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has used there products? After reading a few articles on here about Mandelic acid, I have found this company who seem to be the only sole UK seller of the stuff.

I have ordered the Mandelic/Glycolic face wash to use in place of my normal cleanser. I am using Azelaic Acid as my topical treatment... after extensive research on the web, using Mandelic acid, alongside Azelaic acid really speeds up the process... there have been some tests carried out by docs in the Philippines which gave very favourable results.

So, anybody got any experience?

THanks

Masp

Im using the same stuff at the min.

Great Results. Although its not like most cleansers... doesnt foam etc... my face feels nice and dry (but not too much), clean and it is certainly making my skin tone more even. Have been using for around 2 weeks now.

How are you finding it? It seems to really help speed up the process when using alongside Azelaic Acid.

After a few days my skin looked the clearest it looked for a while, but I have since had a break out.

They are bringing out a new moisturiser soon, with niacinamide and hyalauronic acid in it. I am waiting for a sample, so I will let you know how it us if you are interested. I found that I could do with a moisturiser while using mandelic acid.

What is your regimen currently?

I started the DK Regimen, for a few weeks but I couldnt cope with the red face, bleaching, irritation etc... so I stopped it.

I broke out real bad, and it has given me more problems, scarring and red marks which I still have , I should have maybe kept with it for longer as people say this is all part of the process.... but meh.

I began using Azelaic Acid prescribed by my doc, gradually started see'ing results but still got breakouts. I was using Freederm cleanser morning and night followed by the Az.

Now, after researching I found Ishtar and the Mandelic/Glycolic acid products.

I have been using this for the past 2 weeks or so in place of the Freederm, same routine followed by Az. My skin has never been clearer, and at the min *touch wood* - I dont feel like I have any sort of breakout coming along, they red marks are gradually fading and spots are not developing. I just hope I keep making progress like this.

I dont use a mousturiser, as the Az seems to keep my face slightly hydrated.

I use the cleanser and the mandelic acid serum. Cleanse in the morning and evening and the 10% mandelic acid serum once a day.

so go for there cleanser not this > http://www.ishtarskinlights.com/acatalog/clarity.html

masp

i also have AZ acid 20% and wanted to buy some mandelic stuff. thanks for this find! very grateful.

currently I dont cleanse, just use water once in the evening before bed (apply AZ to spots)

I find its quite drying and can sting but it sure speeds up the shedding of skin process.

so what do i speicfically need from ISHTAR? the serum and cleanser

cause i was thinking about the 5% cream

also what type of acne do you get, do you have a picture of your face atm? i get non inflammed blocked pores and i have red marks, dark discolourations from months of pimple popping and stuff see my pics in this link>>

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Exfoliati...HA-t258310.html

sorry not trying to jack this thread, just was after some mandelic but could not find anything good in uk till now :D

Edited by want2beme

The 5% cream is a moisturiser. The cleanser has glycolic and mandelic acid in it. If you want to try it then go for the 10% serum and apply it at night after cleansing. Try it every other day at first, then if you don't get to bad irritation then you can use it daily.

Edited by goodlife

Hi there,

I have the Mandelic & Glycolic cleanser - Ultralase Cleanse

Rather than applying Azelaic Acid just to spots, I was my face with the Mandelic Acid wait for it to dry and then apply Az to the whole of my face.

My acne is not terrible, I did go through a bad phase after starting the DK regimen, I broke out really bad... it got me a little depressed and I picked at them leaving me with red marks, I even started getting acne below the Jaw line, which is somewhere I had never had a spot in my life!!!

Im on the mend now, trying to control the acne from forming and even my patchy skin tone. The cleanser is doing a great job of repairing my skin tone and feel, leaves it nice and smooth and is a little drying (but not too much)...!

I have noticed since using the Ultralase Cleanse, before applying the AZ - the whole process seems to be repairing a lot quicker!! I will try to get some pictures for you, so you can get an idea of what mine is like.

I'd definatley give it a shot in place of any normal cleanser, seems to be working for me!!

Hope that helps

What is your regimen currently?

I started the DK Regimen, for a few weeks but I couldnt cope with the red face, bleaching, irritation etc... so I stopped it.

I broke out real bad, and it has given me more problems, scarring and red marks which I still have , I should have maybe kept with it for longer as people say this is all part of the process.... but meh.

I began using Azelaic Acid prescribed by my doc, gradually started see'ing results but still got breakouts. I was using Freederm cleanser morning and night followed by the Az.

Now, after researching I found Ishtar and the Mandelic/Glycolic acid products.

I have been using this for the past 2 weeks or so in place of the Freederm, same routine followed by Az. My skin has never been clearer, and at the min *touch wood* - I dont feel like I have any sort of breakout coming along, they red marks are gradually fading and spots are not developing. I just hope I keep making progress like this.

I dont use a mousturiser, as the Az seems to keep my face slightly hydrated.

thanks guys :) brilliant !!

are you male or female btw? i find men have different skin

@ good

my skin tends to dry out easily which would put me off the cleanser or the 10% stuff. so was looking into that 5%moisturiser

might try the cleanser and the 10% serum like you say. then see how i go

Edited by want2beme

cheers, going to order it next week. :) thanks so much for this. i hope it works for me.

SA dried me out to much and some glycolic acid moisturiser i tried broke me out in tiny white pimples :(

so hope fingers crossed mandelic could be the answer

Mandelic is much more tolerable to the skin, i believe its molecules are larger meaning it does not penetrate deeply in to the skin, but promotes the re-growth of new skin cells on the top layer.

Seems to be working for me so far.

Do you have any pictures of your face at the minute?

wow interesting, i was thinking about switching to zapzyt after i get off the meds and rx topicals but i changed my mind when i saw this thread. i think i'll try this stuff, the ingredients look good and doesn't contain any pore clogging stuff

Edited by hellstorm

wow interesting, i was thinking about switching to zapzyt after i get off the meds and rx topicals but i changed my mind when i saw this thread. i think i'll try this stuff, the ingredients look good and doesn't contain any pore clogging stuff

yeh its great stuff, its all organic pretty much !

masp yeh photos of my skin right now (well few weeks back before my break out were > in this link http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Exfoliati...HA-t258310.html )

My acne is similar to yours i'd say, but I have fewer red marks. And maybe one or two more inflamed pimples.

The Mandelic acid will even your skin tone a treat and makes it feel smoother!!

thanks bud, appreciate the input. ordering it tonight. fed up with the uneven hyperpigmentation

so go for > Mandelic & Glycolic cleanser (Ultralase) , and the 5% moisturiser?

or just cleanser and 10% serum

thanks again, (do you have any before and after pics?)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Developed...HA-t192674.html

that thread is the only thing putting me off lol

Edited by want2beme

Just try out the 5% at first, if you don't get any irritation then you can try the 10% serum. I would use it at night as it can make your skin a bit red and blotchy at first.

I just mad a big order from ishtar skinlights.

Masp, where did you get your azelaic acid from?

its Skinoren which was prescribed by my doc! I just keep repeating my prescription when it runs out.... not cheap at £7 mind!!

I dont use the lotions, just the Cleanser, similar to the way you apply cleanser in DK's regimen. Very fast as to reduce irritation.

I dont have any pictures sorry buddy, wish I did as ive made a massive improvement!