Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheBeachDude

Starting the Regimen Friday, but with different stuff. Help?

Hello everyone. I'm going to try the regimen but I want to make sure I get enough green lights form you all before I give it a shot.

I currently take a Erythromycin Antibiotic Pill 500mg. Have been for around 2-3 months.

But I want my Actual face to be treated as well and the pill really isn't helping as much as I would like to..... So I want to use the regimen as well for a topical.

For Cleanser, I am using Clearasil Stayclear oil-free Daily Face Wash.

For Benzoyl Peroxide, I will be using BenzaClin which is a 5% benzoyl peroxide gel.

For a Moisturizer, I am unsure that's what I need help on.....

I have never used one and have no idea what one is good. The only problem is I cannot buy online. Maybe something at Walmart or Target? Idc about the price I just want the one that will work the best Thanks!

Please give advice if you can :)

Welcome to Acne.org, TheBeachDude!

BenzaClin is Benzoyl Peroxide plus Clindamycin, so it may not work exactly the same as regular BP would. If that's all you have, though, I suppose it could work. Keep in mind, though, that 5% BP is going to be more drying and irritating than a 2.5% BP would be, so it's especially important to take your time and slowly increase the amount of BP you're using. (Also, BenzaClin is generally quite a bit more expensive than other BP's, so for the long run, you may want to look for a cheaper, 2.5% BP.)

As for moisturizers, there's a list of moisturizers that Dan recommends here. (I, personally, use Cetaphil, and think it works very well.)

You can also check out any products you're thinking of using on our Reviews pages to see what other people think of them. ; )

As for moisturizers, there's a list of moisturizers that Dan recommends . (I, personally, use Cetaphil, and think it works very well.)

What about Jojoba oil for the moisturizer?

Generally, straight-up jojoba oil isn't used as a moisturizer (although some people have chosen to use it that way).

Adding a few drops of jojoba oil to a moisturizer, though, can bump the moisturizer up to a "super-moisturizer". ; )