Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weenie Beenie

Been on my antibiotic for two months...

Should it be working by now if it's going to work? I have two cysts on the middle of the back of my head that were there when I started taking the antibiotic, and they still haven't really gone down in size. There has been MILD improvement on my face lately, but I'm not sure if that's because of the retinoid I'm using or not. Just seeing if maybe I should be looking into trying something else.

What antibiotic are you using? I've been taking tetracycline (1000MG a day) for nearly two months and it's pretty cleared up all of my acne, I still have to be a little careful about what I put on my face but I have no active acne at the moment. I really think if it's not working after two months then you should try something else in my opinion.

I've been on Doxycycline for just over two months and it seems to have kicked in to gear. It's not really been a gradual improvement visually, but it seems as though the antibiotic has dried out the spots and I'm experiencing decent clearing now.

But during the first 6-7 weeks it was like I wasn't taking anything at all.