Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mista305

I cut out dairy (milk etc..) from my diet and my acne is gone!!

Hey everyone,

I read an article saying that milk may be the cause of acne so i decided to try it.

Its been a month now and all i can say is wow, i wish i had some before and after pictures to show everyone.

Im so angry but relieved at the same time. I wish i knew this earlier!!!:@:@:@:@ Now these scars and red marks are worrying me :(

I just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this and if they got any results?

Maybe you have a milk allergy or intollerance?

I drink milk every day and don't have any acne, just scars from previous acne which came on because of high dose Prednisone a few years ago.

As for the scars have you looked into TCA Peels?

There are many people on here who found that dairy was the cause of their acne.

Unfortunately, I wasn't one of those people. I'm so glad to know your acne is gone!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Similar situation here. I quit dairy a few months ago, and my acne did visibly improve within the first month or so, not by a whole lot but enough for me to give it up forever. besides milk is for baby cows. It has cow (and artificial) hormones that are meant for the development of a healthy calf. That cant be good for your body. If my complex mathematical logic is correct, then:

Baby Cow ≠ Human

Dairy isn't the only source of calcium in the human diet by the way, so don't try to use that excuse.

Edited by red2528

I drastically cut down on dairy and it has drastically reduced my oily skin. I'm glad it's working for your too!

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is a great replacement as it has no sugar and is very low in carbs. Blue Diamond Almond Breeze is a good brand. Doesn't taste as good as rice milk. I love rice milk but it has a ton of carbs. I recently tried Turtle Mountain's unsweetened coconut milk beverage and it had very little flavor and was chalky. Wasn't too impressed.

I drastically cut down on dairy and it has drastically reduced my oily skin. I'm glad it's working for your too!

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is a great replacement as it has no sugar and is very low in carbs. Blue Diamond Almond Breeze is a good brand. Doesn't taste as good as rice milk. I love rice milk but it has a ton of carbs. I recently tried Turtle Mountain's unsweetened coconut milk beverage and it had very little flavor and was chalky. Wasn't too impressed.

Thats the exact one I use :surprised: The taste gets a little getting used to though.

Edited by red2528

Similar situation here. I quit dairy a few months ago, and my acne did visibly improve within the first month or so, not by a whole lot but enough for me to give it up forever. besides milk is for baby cows. It has cow (and artificial) hormones that are meant for the development of a healthy calf. That cant be good for your body. If my complex mathematical logic is correct, then:

Baby Cow ≠ Human

Dairy isn't the only source of calcium in the human diet by the way, so don't try to use that excuse.

Look out. I'm sure bryan will sweep in here to badger you about how inaccurate that is and about how no food is "meant" for humans.

Sebum and milk seem to be the only topics he's attracted to. I'm surprised he hasn't sprouted up yet.