Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyo

How important is sunscreen?

I live in the UK so we don't even get THAT much sun, and most of the time im indoors at school, so is wearing sunscreen still important? I dont really understand how blocking the suns rays helps the red marks...thanks

suppose to prevent red marks from lasting even longer. and even as much as 10 minutes in the sun is apparently enough. just wear it.

I had pretty bad hyperpigmentation (brown spots). I noticed that after I started wearing sunscreen a few months ago, my marks look waaay lighter than before. I believe the sun can make 'tan' your marks and make them even darker. Dont know if it works the same way for red marks though.

But then again, I live in southern California where its sunny nearly all year round...

Edited by red2528

Direct sunlight, approximately 10 minutes a day for the average person, is needed as it is the most efficient form of Vitamin D. If you are going to be out in the sun for any longer than wear sunscreen. I live in Michigan where the Winter month are freezing and snowing. I obviously do not wear sunscreen during this time period. But, in the spring and summer, sometimes fall, I wear sunscreen to prevent skin cancer.

Just make sure you do get about 10 minutes of sunshine on a daily basis if possible.

To an Acne Free Life,

Todd