Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
have cysts for 10 years

Please don't ignore and help me (dry skin).

Everytime I wash my face or after a shower and I wipe my face dry and bam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dead skin cells stuck on my face every where. So I moisturize with my lotion. But after I apply my lotion there is still dry skin particles that seems stuck on my face and I feel that the dead skin gets trapped after I moisturize, leading to clogged pores and bam!!! an acne.

What should I do to get rid of these extra dry skin particles before I apply my moisturizer? I tried rubbing the skin off by hand, but just makes more dead skin appear. Should I use a cleanser? Exfoliater? I am confused on what I should use.

I would really appreciate the help. Thanks in advanced.

You should be using a cleanser when you wash your face and I also suggest using an exfoliater a few times a week to help rub off the dead skin cells without being too harsh.

You should be using a cleanser when you wash your face and I also suggest using an exfoliater a few times a week to help rub off the dead skin cells without being too harsh.

Since you're known as the scientist, what exfoliater do you recommend? Keep in mind I currently have active acne. Thanks in advance.

I agree with c'est la vigne that the baby brush method would be good to try.

I use Dermalogica's mircofoliant at the moment. I love how soft and gentle it is. Even though it seems like a soft powder, it really rubs away dead skin. A bit pricey but it lasts forever since you use so little.

Just don't go for something really harsh and rough. St.Ives Apricot Scrub might not be a good choice, for example. I used it years ago and it gradually ripped my skin.

Just do a little hunting and experimenting with different products. :)

Edited by mercyunbound

I agree with c'est la vigne that the baby brush method would be good to try.

I use Dermalogica's mircofoliant at the moment. I love how soft and gentle it is. Even though it seems like a soft powder, it really rubs away dead skin. A bit pricey but it lasts forever since you use so little.

Just don't go for something really harsh and rough. St.Ives Apricot Scrub might not be a good choice, for example. I used it years ago and it gradually ripped my skin.

Just do a little hunting and experimenting with different products. :)

Been reading the reviews on Dermalogica's mircofoliant, sounds promising, I'm going to look more into it and also the brush method. Thanks again.

Exfoliate gently with a soft wash cloth, in the shower. Then apply a dab of jojoba oil into your palms, mix into both hands and apply to your face. Pat dry with a towel. Whilst your skin is still warm, apply your moisturiser in soft, circular motions.

No problem! The microfoliant really is pretty awesome. I think it's worth the price since it lasts so so sooo long. For me, the added bonus was how it slowly helped fade my red marks thanks to the rice enzymes in it. If there's a place that sells Dermalogica around you, they will most likely give you free samples first. Best of luck!

p.s. My advice is to steer clear of any Dermalogica products, they're a joke to put things simply.

I have personally tried the microfoliant, it's a waste of money and time.

has anyone noticed their cheeks produce more oil then their chin and forehead? this is the only area i treat, ive never had a problem with my forehead and chin. im wondering if my cheeks are producing more oil because im treating them with bp and irritating them. i have no acne problems anywhere else. has ne 1 else here experienced this. im 22 by the way and have no family history of adult acne.