Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
riboflavin

Undeniable evidence that dairy causes acne.

I ate some ice cream the other day... the first time I ate ice cream/dairy products in an extremely long time. I then took a nap and when I woke up I had a cyst near my mouth and a large white head under my eye - two places where I NEVER usually break out.

Sorry to tell you, but I find it hard to believe that a cyst could form in a couple hours. I don't deny the acne and dairy correlation, but it is almost physically impossible for this to happen. Your body has not even had time to partially digest the ice cream.

Sorry to tell you, but I find it hard to believe that a cyst could form in a couple hours. I don't deny the acne and dairy correlation, but it is almost physically impossible for this to happen. Your body has not even had time to partially digest the ice cream.

I have to agree. In my experience, cysts take a good while to form and they usually begin as regular acne that goes haywire.

I know my body. I can get a cyst within 12 hours. Besides, it was a rather long nap.

I believe you but how long of a nap could it have been? Your body cannot even digest food in the hours it would be for a nap, especially since the hormones or whatever from the milk would have to get to your face/in the bloodstream.

Besides, it's not like ice cream is quite the same as drinking straight up milk or eating cheese.

It's usually processed with all sorts of junk and usually contains a ridiculous amount of sugar, which is problematic for many people.

Guest DireStraits

I don't deny your experience.

But was the cyst a fully developed cyst or could you feel it forming underneath your skin leading you to believe what would pop out would be a cyst?

Sorry to disappoint you, but your experience is not "undeniable evidence that dairy causes acne". Your anecdotal report is completely unscientific. Now, personally, I *strongly* believe in anecdotal experiences, but I also believe in individual responses to things.

While your experience may hold true for you, it may not for other people. There may be a variety of factors involved. It may be the level of iodine in the milk, the sugar, or yes, maybe some component of the dairy product. Who knows? The reality is that "based on one episode of outbreak after ingestion of dairy, I believe it caused outbreak in me" is a much more accurate and credible statement.

Posting a statement like this is really irresponsible.

I read this topic while consuming a bucket of donuts, and i've just broken out with cysts all over my face. I am now convinced reading topics causes acne.

To give you some form of support, I am allergic to soy protein. If I eat soy, within a few hours my skin begins to itch. By that night, or the next morning, I have a few cysts (not fully developed) but painful enough to feel, red, slightly raised and under the skin. So, this is evidence for you, to clarify that you are sensitive to dairy and you should avoid it :). But just as how not everyone is allergic to soy, not everyone is sensitive to dairy.

Sorry to tell you, but I find it hard to believe that a cyst could form in a couple hours.

I have to agree. In my experience, cysts take a good while to form and they usually begin as regular acne that goes haywire.

Wrong. If it's an allergic reaction it can happen that fast or even faster. With my citrus allergy, I get cysts the next day.

And while this person's experience is not undeniable evidence, there is plenty of research showing the many ways dairy is an aggravator to acne, in addition to being a common allergen.

If I eat meat, lentils or soy, I get HUGE cyst-like infections 10 hours later. I've timed it. But it is only four hours after eating the offending foods that the area begins to become highly sore. 6 hours later a slight whelp is noticeable. 10 hours later it has 1/4th teaspoon of pus. :sick:

Not raw dairy products though. It's the processed bullshit that they sell us which affects our health so negatively. Raw milk can help the body in so many ways, and all of that processed shit we are being fed is horrible to our health.