Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angelgirl

Prescription Medication and Oral Birth Control

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has had any issues with yeast infections when taking both oral contraceptives and oral acne medication. I have my one month checkup appt with my dermatologist next week and will be asking about it. The acne regimen I'm using, with a once a day pill as well as a topical applied twice a day seems to be working; I feel like results are starting to become obvious... so I don't really want to rock the boat, unless completely necessary!

Yes, this does occur. The best bet is to follow tips for lessening your chance to get yeast infections. Also drink a lot of water and maybe talk to your doctor about taking acidophilus, which may help to prevent yeast infections. If you've gotten one, that's normal, especially considering the fact that you are on birth control and prescription acne medications, but if you continue to have them more frequently, I'd go see your doctor and inquire about acidophilus and ways to deal with yeast infections on antibotics. Good luck!