Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SurferGirl656

Worst thing you've done?...

Im just curious because i always do crazy things to avoid going out and people seeing me. The worst thing i've done is fake food poisoning when my best friend came over and i locked my door because she tried to get in. What about you guys?

Im just curious because i always do crazy things to avoid going out and people seeing me. The worst thing i've done is fake food poisoning when my best friend came over and i locked my door because she tried to get in. What about you guys?

lmao

Sometimes I wear a really big hat when I have to go to school so people dont see my face. When I have a big zit I make up some lame excuse to avoid going out with my friends...

avoided pictures with family and freinds on high school graduation night. Never went to my senior prom either :(

Filled a bowl with water and left it in my college dorm room to wash my face so I didn't have to walk to the bathroom to wash my face without makeup on.

I threw stones at my cat.. like about 13 years ago.

I just couldn't figure out why it ran away...

I've done worst.....

But as far as avoiding social situations, I tell my friends straight up I look like shit and I don't want to go out.

Like this past new years, I was all ready for a little pregame at a friends then off to an after hours spot from 3-9. Well, i didn't go i looked like crap and my friends hate it when i use that excuse. I feel i grow further from them each time i rain-check on an event. How can i face the world when i cant face a mirror right ?

I would advise being up front to your friends about your acne and the effects it has on your mind-set. If they are truly your friends they'll accept your condition.

lol that is creative. I've avoided friends and family quite a bit in the last year & a half or so :( . I like to tell my friends that I can't meet up with them because I'll miss Sportscenter. The joke being that it's on like 15 times a day...yea they don't find it funny either haha.

Guest DireStraits

Yeh i kinda did something similar. Before a mates 21st birthday my face was looking pretty shit (its always before a special occasion that you break out) and I made up a bs excuse that I got sick from eating at Burger King for lunch.

Apparently the party was pretty good so I guess I missed out big time.

Yeh i kinda did something similar. Before a mates 21st birthday my face was looking pretty shit (its always before a special occasion that you break out) and I made up a bs excuse that I got sick from eating at Burger King for lunch.

Apparently the party was pretty good so I guess I missed out big time.

aww that sucks :(

The worse thing I have done is let it get to me as much as it does.

I should not have to make up excuses to stay at home, skip social events or enjoy making memories with family and friends. But I do anyways. Why? Because acne has taken over my minds, and it sucks a huge F%$#%@ hoo-ha.

I let acne take away the happy bubbily girl I use to be

I let acne take away my outgoing personality and my work ethic.

The worse thing I have done is let acne control ME, as a person.

:(

I cover up the worst part of my acne with my bangs, but that's about it. I don't fake anything and I don't avoid people. Hell, I love being out. I don't really give a shit about my acne anymore and what people might think. As long as I'm happy and out having fun, no one deserves to take that away from me. No one, nothing. Not even acne ~

I cover up the worst part of my acne with my bangs, but that's about it. I don't fake anything and I don't avoid people. Hell, I love being out. I don't really give a shit about my acne anymore and what people might think. As long as I'm happy and out having fun, no one deserves to take that away from me. No one, nothing. Not even acne ~

I really like your way of thinking:)

I feel the same. I love being with my friends and boyfriend, and I won't let acne keep me from having a good time. It doesn't take away from my confidence, either, I love myself, haha.

My mom took family pictures at Thanksgiving and I said "Aw! Let me see!" and while I viewed them I deleted every single one with a clear shot of my face. After that episode she finally came right out and asked me "why don't you go see a dermatologist?".

A painful memory...

But we all have to get over these little speedbumps. Now I've been to a good dermatologist and will be starting Accutane February 2nd! All it took was some mortifying embarassment to get me motivated :rolleyes:

The worst thing I've done as of now is not going to school for straight four days.. :)

no offense.. but that's jus stupid.

your wasting your (or your parents) money.. sounds kind of selfish to me.

it's not that serious!

The worst thing I've done as of now is not going to school for straight four days.. :)

it's not that serious!

His might be worser than your's..

it's not that serious!

People deal with things differently! It's not stupid for him to feel like he can't handle going out, just sad. :comfort:

it's not that serious!

People deal with things differently! It's not stupid for him to feel like he can't handle going out, just sad. :comfort:

Thats what i was meant to say but i couldnt word it lol

I don't know why my avatar doesn't look like I have an acne.. Maybe because it's just mild.. Also, I'm not in the mood to go to school that time because we have nothing else to do.

Edited by darrellbl9

it's not that serious!

His might be worser than your's..

My acne is severe. It's worse than his.

And please don't take offense like I said before, I'm just trying to help. Gotta man up that is my advice. it's the best advice

I don't know why my avatar doesn't look like I have an acne.. Maybe because it's just mild.. Also, I'm not in the mood to go to school that time because we have nothing else to do.

that's cool, it is the beginning of the semester.

But start going, school is like work. You gotta go so you don't miss anything.

Goodluck with school and be patient

@recoverme, no problem.. :) I'm not hurt of what you have said to me.. Oh, thanks for the advice. I know now that there are more severe acne cases than mine. So, I shouldn't be like this.

Edited by darrellbl9

I went 4 years without working or going to college cuz my skin n subsequenting SA was so bad.

Sometimes i'd only leave the house at night or with a scarf wrapped around my face whilst wearing a baseball cap n my hood up ugh i just wanted the earth to eat me whole whenever i stepped outside lol, aww man those were dark days.

Things change tho guys, just do your best :)