Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jimbug9

MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 (ie: tinted moisturizer)

Like a lot of you I suffer from pretty bad hyperpigmentation. I don't really get breakouts anymore, but I'm still healing my skin from old red marks. I found a tinted moisturizer that is honestly the best thing I've ever used.

http://i46.tinypic.com/33cw0g0.jpg

MAC's studio moisture tint is basically an extremely sheer foundation moisturizer made to even out skin tone and prime your skin if you're going to be wearing more makeup. I'm a guy and I'm serious when I say the coverage is so sheer that it looks like nothing is on, and all it does is smooth out my skin tone and make it look like my red marks are blended into my skin! Of course it's not perfect at concealing, but unless you're wearing heavy foundation there's basically no way to really cover up bad red marks using a tinted moisturizer.

The only con to this is that the active ingredient in the product is Octinoxate 3.50% (Octyl Methocycinamate) which has been known to lower estrogen levels in women and so i'd be wary to use this if you're pregnant or plan on getting pregnant anytime soon.

And of course, the price. It's about $30 in the US and I believe it can go up to $40 in Canada but IMO it's worth it.

if you want other reviews on it, i highly advise you to watch this video. also, google the product and read other reviews, it's really popular!

the man in the video has considerable acne scars and he talks about the coverage and how it gives the appearance of smoother skin for him!

Yeah, MAC is usually really good with cover-up type products. i went through a phase where i was really into their mineral face powder. It worked well. It's good for oily/combination skin.

Do you really think that he has considerable acne scars?

Thanks for the information.

Edited by goodlife