Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pascalchimbonda

Been on the regimen a week with Dans products

From the FAQs:

Q: When I apply the moisturizer it burns/stings. What should I do?

A: Some people may experience light burning or stinging when they are new to the Regimen. The skin may be sensitive from the benzoyl peroxide and this may cause an uncomfortable sensation when the moisturizer is applied. This usually goes away within a few weeks as the skin adjusts to the new products. If it doesn't, you may want to try a different moisturizer. See our recommended products page. Also, be sure you did not start out with one of the AHA moisturizers. If you are going to use one of them, it's usually best to wait at least a month before doing so. The glycolic acid and/or lactic acid in them may create a brief sting or burning sensation to the skin.

i'm on my 12th day on the regimen and i am still having a bit of redness. i just tried using cerave lotion to help with the redness. so far my skin is still red but NOT AS red. try it out you might like it. it does sting though after you apply it but it will subside. the only problem i've had with this moisturizer is that it balls up a little after you apply it over the bp. i just gently pat it on my skin instead of spreading it across to avoid it clumping up.

stick with it ..trust me it will pay off...if its unbearably red start using less benzoyl peroxide, and then gradually use more ...until your skin gets adjusted to the benzoyl peroxide....and about the mouisturizer thats how it is but the stinging will stop after a month or so..if you really cant bear it use a differnet mouistureizer!!! :)

i'm new so i need help with 1 thing not related to this topic , how do i make a signature?

secondly i'm dying to try the regimen but i'm skeptical for various reasons

i'm 17 going on 18 on february 9th this year , i've had acne since i was 12 but it was at its worst between 15/16 its died down since then but i still have what normal people would consider severe acne. its depressing and i refrain from doing normal activities because i'm sitting in my house looking in the mirror 24/7 trying to make sure another pimple doesn't pop up , i've tried everything from drugs to every over the counter product. i've tried loads of things suggested from this website over the last 6 months and the only thing that has helped me a bit was vitamin supplements , fish oils and zinc. i've tried everything from green tea to baking soda and i still can't stop new spots from poping up. at the moment Zinc is my best friend lol its helped me clear about 40% of my face.

so should i try dan's regimen or what do you recommend?

i never actually used BP before or AHA.

i go to college monday - friday / morning to evening , will my face be like a red tomato with the regimen?

and the thing i want to know the most is basically everyone here who has tried the regimen has had success so if it did work for me would there come a point when i can actually stop using the products or is it something i'd have to use forever?

i know there is a bit there but any help would be greatly appreciated , i just can't deal with acne anymore.

i'm new so i need help with 1 thing not related to this topic , how do i make a signature?

i'm 17 going on 18 on february 9th this year , i've had acne since i was 12 but it was at its worst between 15/16 its died down since then but i still have what normal people would consider severe acne. its depressing and i refrain from doing normal activities because i'm sitting in my house looking in the mirror 24/7 trying to make sure another pimple doesn't pop up , i've tried everything from drugs to every over the counter product. i've tried loads of things suggested from this website over the last 6 months and the only thing that has helped me a bit was vitamin supplements , fish oils and zinc. i've tried everything from green tea to baking soda and i still can't stop new spots from poping up. at the moment Zinc is my best friend lol its helped me clear about 40% of my face.

i go to college monday - friday / morning to evening , will my face be like a red tomato with the regimen?

and the thing i want to know the most is basically everyone here who has tried the regimen has had success so if it did work for me would there come a point when i can actually stop using the products or is it something i'd have to use forever?

i know there is a bit there but any help would be greatly appreciated , i just can't deal with acne anymore.

Go to My Menu >> My Controls >> (Personal Profile) Edit Signature

I would definitely suggest giving The Regimen a go. Yes, your face will likely be a bit red and dry early on, but those things subside as your skin adjusts to the BP, and, in the scheme of things, they're a small price to pay for clear skin. Taking The Regimen slowly and following the instructions precisely can help to keep the irritation to a minimum.

I've been on The Regimen since June of 2008, and it's been a huge success for me. I swear by it.

Keep in mind, though, that The Regimen is a treatment, not a cure, so you'd have to continue using it until your body stopped producing acne. Some people grow out of acne in their twenties, and for some people, it's a lifelong battle.

Ask around in your family. Find out if your parents, your siblings, your aunts, uncles, or grandparents had acne. If they did, find out how old they were when they grew out of it (if they did). That could give you more insight as to how your acne might progress.

Once The Regimen is keeping you clear, you can take periodic breaks to see if your body's grown out of acne (use the information you got from your family to make educated guesses as to when you might want to take these breaks). If you've grown out of acne, you should be able to stop The Regimen. If you continue to break out, you'll need to continue using it.

Go to My Menu >> My Controls >> (Personal Profile) Edit Signature

I would definitely suggest giving The Regimen a go. Yes, your face will likely be a bit red and dry early on, but those things subside as your skin adjusts to the BP, and, in the scheme of things, they're a small price to pay for clear skin. Taking The Regimen slowly and following the instructions precisely can help to keep the irritation to a minimum.

I've been on The Regimen since June of 2008, and it's been a huge success for me. I swear by it.

Keep in mind, though, that The Regimen is a treatment, not a cure, so you'd have to continue using it until your body stopped producing acne. Some people grow out of acne in their twenties, and for some people, it's a lifelong battle.

Ask around in your family. Find out if your parents, your siblings, your aunts, uncles, or grandparents had acne. If they did, find out how old they were when they grew out of it (if they did). That could give you more insight as to how your acne might progress.

Once The Regimen is keeping you clear, you can take periodic breaks to see if your body's grown out of acne (use the information you got from your family to make educated guesses as to when you might want to take these breaks). If you've grown out of acne, you should be able to stop The Regimen. If you continue to break out, you'll need to continue using it.

thank you i really appreciate your help , yes finding out who else had acne and when they grew out of it was something i found out a while back cause i thought it would relate to me. Two of my uncle's had acne , 1 grew out at 19 and the other 17. I also have a brother who is 22 now and he had acne and it went away when he was 18 , his skin is perfect now and he never used anything on it , i'm 17 going on 18 with acne not as bad as it used to and some scars , so hopefully i'm nearing the end of the road. As for the regimen , you say you've been on it since june 2008 , Did you take any periodic break's to see if your acne had subsided?

i'm defintely going to give a go. how long would a starter kit last me?

I just realized you're c'est la vigne.

I think i read a topic about you a while back. I think the topic was about bad grammar , punctuation errors etc.. I apologize if any of my mistakes frustrate you.

Haha, yeah, I have a blog entry about certain things that bother me (the link is in my signature). ; )

I haven't taken any breaks from The Regimen, because several members of my family (including both of my parents) have acne into their forties and fifties, and I just don't have any problem with sticking with it. *shrugs* If people do want to take periodic breaks, though, that's fine.

If you look at the store, the kits actually say approximately how long they'll last. The 8oz. kit will generally last about one to two months, and the 16oz. kit will last about two to four months. (They may actually last a little longer when you're starting out, since you won't be using the full amount of BP yet.)

Thank you c'est la vigne , you've been very helpful and i really appreciate it.

This is my last shot , I'll give this a go and see how thing's are.

once again thank you.