Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tv_viewer

Low dose, short term second course?

I was on Accutane in 2005 for 6 months. I took 40mg for the first month and then 60mg for the last 5. At my weight back then it was at about 155mg/kg. Some of my acne came back 2.5 years after stopping Accutane.

I'm currently on my second Accutane course. My derm wants me to take 40mg for only 16 weeks, and with my weight being 44.5kg that's only about 106mg/kg. Is this enough to put my acne in remission or should I fight my derm for 4 extra weeks?

Edited by tv_viewer

I've never taken accutane prior to the course that I'm currently on, but I'd go for the extra month at 40mg if I was in your permission. That'd put you at about 135mg/kg which I think would give you a greater chance of remission.. and what's one more month when you've gone that far already, right?

I've never taken accutane prior to the course that I'm currently on, but I'd go for the extra month at 40mg if I was in your permission. That'd put you at about 135mg/kg which I think would give you a greater chance of remission.. and what's one more month when you've gone that far already, right?

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. One extra month is easy, especially since around that time one can expect to have less side effects anyways. Thanks for your reply!