Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joeyyyjoeyyy

NEED HELP FAST PLEASE NEWBIE!

Hello everyone I am completly new to this website but have been studying i for a while. So I am a 16 year old male who has suffered from low testosterone for the past year, but I finally got the balls to go to the doctor and explain to them my condition so I got blood tests and tehy were just as I thought. Anyway Recently I got put on a drug called clomid at 10mg and my energy is way and and sex drive is way up I still have one week which is when I get my blood test on my hormone levels. Anyway during this process my acne has pretty much went insane, I have always had acne but now its just freaking unbearable...Anyways I need help with a regimen I currently have jojoba oil, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, 7.5% benzoyl peroxide(which irritates my skin and makes it red), ziana gel, turmeric cream, leech cream(used for fast healing)medical hurudoid, dou li jing acne cream i bought at the jamu shop, and I use witch hazel after I shave every night..I need some help now should I buy anymore certain products, I also use forevers aloe vera as a moisturizer...Can someone help me with a morning and nightime regimen, I really need help becuase it drives me crazy and is starting to get to me...Thank you all for your times and help in advance!!!!

Moved to the Mild To Moderate Acne board.

Welcome to the boards, joeyyyjoeyyy.

Wow, that's a lot of products you're using. Have you ever considered that maybe by using so many products, you're actually irritating your skin and making your acne worse?

You might want to try something more basic, like the Acne.org regimen. All you need is a gentle, non-medicated cleaners, 2.5% BP, and a moisturizer. The Regimen has worked for a lot of people. Give it a shot. ; )

I don't actually use all of it just kinda saying I have it on hand so if i get a scar i use the leech cream..i always use the turmeric cream and i havent used benzolyl peroxide at all. I don't use much and just looking for a regimen with the stuff i have got. My face does peel alot so i use the aloe vera cream for that and thats it.. just looking for some help guys as this is killing me I am also going to the dermatologist tommorow morning..!

I am using the acne.org regimen and it doesn't seem to be helping. The benzoyl peroxide seems like its burning my face off, is there anything just as effective that gets rid of acne. The BP seems like it works well except my face is so darn red, alot of people are noticing it and its drive me crazy haha does the redness stop and after how long??

If the BP is causing your face to turn red and its burning, you are either using too high percentage of BP, or you are starting out with too much. You need to start with small amounts and work your way up in order for your skin to adjust to it. And make sure you are moisturizing.

I am only using 2.5% and I got some Epeduo from my dermatologist today which is also 2.5% and thats what my face gets irrated on..I think I did some advice on mow much to use, how much did you guys start out with without irritation..And thanks for the replys btw!!Should I only use on a small portion of my face or the whole thing??

I say start with very small portions and then work your way up. Try squeezing a small amount onto the tip of your index finger for about a week or so before increasing.

For a regimen I basically took the acne.org regimen format and made it my own with the addition of masks for skin tone.

I do a Yogurt, Honey, or Oatmeal Mask (Great for red skin or uneven skin tone and exfoliation)

Followed by Lavender Oil (Antibacterial instead of Benzoyl Per.)

Followed by Aloe Vera (I buy a leaf for a buck at the grocery and squeeze the goop out of it. and have found it to be the most calming moisturizer yet)

This is making me clear and bp never really cleared me up.

ok thanks. I just applied a little.I was also wondering about shaving, does it irritate acne or whats up with that..?

When you shave, try to use a good shaving cream or gel for good lubrication. Personally I use Clinique Shave Cream, but there are many other good ones out there. Take a hot shower, and pat your skin with warm water before shaving. Apply the shave cream and make sure you use a sharp clean blade. The shaving section should also give you good advice on it.

I know what your going through and can safely say ive beaten acne. Through years of trial and error i have found my ideal regimen. I hope this works for you. If you go to treatment reviews on the home page you will find more info on these products.

1. In the morning wash your face with Basis Sensitive skin bar (It is the best product I have ever tried and i have tried everything). If you are going to shave, make sure you wet your face with warm water plenty of times during your shower, this helps with a better shave. I recomend using Gillete ultra sensitive hydragel (use a lot!)

2. After washing gently PAT dry. Wait 3-5 minutes before applying anything.

3. If you shaved, make sure you use something to sooth your face (I use Gillete Fusion HydraSoothe), use a very little amount. I try to shave every other day and dont around places where i have a pimple(It irritates it more).

4. I have used every moisturizer ever made and have found that Olay Complete all day UV moisturizer... Sensitive Skin, is the best there is.

5. Dont touch your face throughout the day and drink lots of water.

6. Also dont wash more than twice a day. Preferably do it in the morning and before you go to sleep.

7. At night wet your face and us the Basis soap again, rinse, pat dry, wait, and apply Olay.

I wish you the best of luck. I never thought I would clear my acne so fast but by using these products along with drinking lots of water, exercising, and not touching your face, I now have very nice skin.

I know what your going through and can safely say ive beaten acne. Through years of trial and error i have found my ideal regimen. I hope this works for you. If you go to treatment reviews on the home page you will find more info on these products.

1. In the morning wash your face with Basis Sensitive skin bar (It is the best product I have ever tried and i have tried everything). If you are going to shave, make sure you wet your face with warm water plenty of times during your shower, this helps with a better shave. I recomend using Gillete ultra sensitive hydragel (use a lot!)

2. After washing gently PAT dry. Wait 3-5 minutes before applying anything.

3. If you shaved, make sure you use something to sooth your face (I use Gillete Fusion HydraSoothe), use a very little amount. I try to shave every other day and dont around places where i have a pimple(It irritates it more).

4. I have used every moisturizer ever made and have found that Olay Complete all day UV moisturizer... Sensitive Skin, is the best there is.

5. Dont touch your face throughout the day and drink lots of water.

6. Also dont wash more than twice a day. Preferably do it in the morning and before you go to sleep.

7. At night wet your face and us the Basis soap again, rinse, pat dry, wait, and apply Olay.

I wish you the best of luck. I never thought I would clear my acne so fast but by using these products along with drinking lots of water, exercising, and not touching your face, I now have very nice skin.

Hey wow nice thank you for taking the time to go into detail I also use an electric shaver by the way and I will definetly try those items and see how things go..I also noticed since using epiduo I have gotten some compliments from girls saying wow your face looks better..! every little thing and encouragement like that helps=D