Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcnePwns

Just had subcision done today

I went in for my first subcision today. The subcision that was performed is called "saline subcision." It is performed with a smaller needle than the traditional nokor needle, and saline is injected at the spot to help break up the scar tissue and elevate the skin. I did not hear any popping noises and I believe that is because the saline subcision method is not as invasive. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. My derm said that i should expect about 30% improvement after my first treatment and 50%-70% after three. My face is swollen right now but it's not too bad.

Info about saline subcision:

"A small bore needle attached to a saline-filled syringe is directed somewhat parallel to the surface of the skin and injected into the area of the scar with a back-and-forth motion just beneath the surface of the skin. The infiltration of saline not only minimizes the discomfort of the procedure, but assists in the tunneling of the needle between the connective tissue, to release the fibrous attachments that are tethering the skin down and causing the depression. The intentional micro-injury to the connective tissue stimulates the formation of new collagen to fill the depressed scars."

I went in for my first subcision today. The subcision that was performed is called "saline subcision." It is performed with a smaller needle than the traditional nokor needle, and saline is injected at the spot to help break up the scar tissue and elevate the skin. I did not hear any popping noises and I believe that is because the saline subcision method is not as invasive. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. My derm said that i should expect about 30% improvement after my first treatment and 50%-70% after three. My face is swollen right now but it's not too bad.

"A small bore needle attached to a saline-filled syringe is directed somewhat parallel to the surface of the skin and injected into the area of the scar with a back-and-forth motion just beneath the surface of the skin. The infiltration of saline not only minimizes the discomfort of the procedure, but assists in the tunneling of the needle between the connective tissue, to release the fibrous attachments that are tethering the skin down and causing the depression. The intentional micro-injury to the connective tissue stimulates the formation of new collagen to fill the depressed scars."

Hate to burst your bubble but saline subcision does not work. All saline is made up of is water and sodium chloride its not thick enough to break the bands on the scars. You need it done with a nokor needle or wirescalpel or some type of filler ie. restylane perlane, because they are thick enough to pop the bands on the scar tissue.

Edited by kidrock29520

Hate to burst your bubble but saline subcision does not work. All saline is made up of is water and sodium chloride its not thick enough to break the bands on the scars. You need it done with a nokor needle or wirescalpel or some type of filler ie. restylane perlane, because they are thick enough to pop the bands on the scar tissue.

You mean I need it done with a nokor needle AND a filler? I'm only talking about subcision here.

Have you had saline subcision done before? What was your experience?