Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyrone

Some basic questions for ya

hey. ive been on regimen for 3.5 weeks. my face is clearer. and old red spots are fading . but im still geting new breakouts, i had stopped for a while i knew it was too soon to be true. i thought new acne would stop before old spots started to fade but this isnt the case. i just find a few new red bumps every now and then. hoping they will stop soon. i have made some adjustments to my regimen. maybe you can look at it and tell me if i should go back .

nothing major. my face started getting really really red after using bp for 2 times a day so i went to only using bp at night. also i know dan says 2 pumps isnt to much and i trust him. but should i use two pumps if i can get away with one and a half pumps. half a pump makes a big difference i find. 2 pumps is just way to much on my face. it takes me like 20 mins to spread it and it feels like i got "stuff' on my face. i feel fresh with 1.5 pumps on.

this leads me to another question., how long do you guys spread the bp on your face. do you spread it till you feel it starting to dry. this feels like im touching my face to long. like up to 10 minutes. or do you just spread it till its even and you cant see it really and it still feels heavy on the face almost wet. i mean overall id say my face is improving but i still am not 100% confident yet. i knw its still early. maybe you guys have some tips for me. thankkkkk youu

To some extent its a question of trial an error in terms of how much you should use. 20 mins though seems far too long to apply the BP. The point to stop applying and letting it dry is when it starts to feel 'slightly tackey' Its probably worth looking at the regime pages and watching the videos to check your useing the correct amount of BP and applying it for about the right amount of time. Useing too much BP can cause as many problems as useing too little, if you irritate the skin too much.

yeah how interesting... i've had the same breakouts but i noticed i could fix it in no time just by letting my body adapt to the changes...

Edited by Jason Devans

I think everyone has to find the method that is exactly right for them. If you have success with 1.5 pumps and it meets your needs, then use that amount. You can always increase it if you feel it's not enough.