Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovin'life

Diane-35 Regimen log

So, I've just started my Diane-35 journey 2 weeks ago, and since there're not many diane-35 logs out there and I've relied so much on them for info before I started, I've decided to create my own log so everyone can use it for reference in the future, so here goes!

A little Background check:

I'm a college student at the last of my teen years. I've battled with acne for most of my teenage life, but its only been the last year that my acne has become severe, and has been affecting me socially. I've actually been prescribed diane-35 a year ago, but I didn't take it in the end due to the horrible side effects I've read on the net. College is suppose to be the most important times of someone's life, or so I've heard. I don't want to look back at it and see only the opportunities I've missed because of acne, if you are reading this then I'm sure you'd understand how I feel. And so, on to diane-35 it is for me.

Okay, now on to the more relavate stuff:

My derm classified my acne as moderate/severe. My main affeected areas are my forehead and cheeks. I have both nodules and papule, the former mainly on my cheeks and the latter on my forehead. I'll have one or a few of thoses at once at a time, but my biggest concern are non-inflammed acne on both of the cheeks, chin and forehead. If you shine light from an angle, my face will appear like sandpaper or 'chicken skined' whatever you call it. If I go out in the sun, let's just say it looks like a minefield blew up on my face.

My daily skincare routine:

It's pretty simple really, I massage my face twice a day with a cleanser containing SA and I brush my face with a body shop facial brush, then I rinse thoroughly with water and moisturize. Every other night, I'd apply Adapalene Gel 0.1%, which is a type of Retinol A.

Righto, that's that, now on to the log itself then:

WEEK 2 ON DIANE-35:

In the first few days, the skin around my mouth and on my chin got pretty dry, but that's about it. By the second week up to now (Day 15) I'd say I've been experiencing what people would call an initial breakout. The closed comedones on my forehead have been inflammed and I have more breakouts then usual, thankfully, the breakouts are small and nothing drastic. I know they will disappear soon, nothing i can't live with.

A word on Retinoid:

It's pretty awesome, me thinks. I've started on this earlier because I had to wait for my next period to start diane, but apply this every other night has made my skin lighter and I feel it has been unclogging my pores and making my scars lighter. I love this stuff.

Okay, thats it for now, will update soon!

My doctor prescribed me Diane-35 as well. I started taking it around the same time as you (start of January). I lasted 3 months before going back and asking to swap.

I was constantly moody and bloated. I would cry for no apparent reason and felt very emotionally unstable ALL the time.

I am now on Yasmine and I love it. None of the side effects and my acne is subsiding.

If you have suffered any of the side effects of Diane, I would really recommend asking your doctor for other options!