Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

I am on the regimen for 3 weeks so far. I understand that the redness and dryness is unavoidable. However, after the redness subsides, i start to notice that my skin tone is getting different, its like i have some parts of my face darker then other parts, its this normal? I read the FAQ on http://www.acne.org/faq.html#burn but it says that the effect will eventually go away when the treatment with an anti-drug ends does thismean that if i use BP forever i will still have this dark skin around? Or maybe i should use AHA, maybe that could make my skin tone more even? i notice that the black area seems like dead skin..

Edited by qooguy

The redness will go away as the body adjusts to the amount of BP you're using. Some redness is to be expected, but if your skin gets very red and irritated, then you might have to cut back on the treatment or stop altogether.

Three weeks is still very early in The Regimen, and I'd be willing to bet that your skin hasn't adjusted yet. Give it time.

If it makes you feel any better, I was concerned about my skin looking darker early on in The Regimen, too. I've been on The Regimen for more than a year and a half now, and my skin looks totally fine. The redness does fade. You just have to be patient.

The redness will go away as the body adjusts to the amount of BP you're using. Some redness is to be expected, but if your skin gets very red and irritated, then you might have to cut back on the treatment or stop altogether.

Three weeks is still very early in The Regimen, and I'd be willing to bet that your skin hasn't adjusted yet. Give it time.

If it makes you feel any better, I was concerned about my skin looking darker early on in The Regimen, too. I've been on The Regimen for more than a year and a half now, and my skin looks totally fine. The redness does fade. You just have to be patient.

Thanks, i think i am still too early in the regimen. And i read your post previously, and gosh, thats what i was experiencing! my friends were like saying, did i went for a tan or something, but my skin tone was uneven. I guess i just have to be patient.. Thanks anyway! it did help me feel better =)