Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsrfgsertwe

ladies, how often do you wash your hair?

How often do you wash your hair?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Approximately how often do you wash your hair?

• More than once a day
    • Once a day
    • Every other day
    • Every third day
    • Once a week
    • Less than once a week

Also, posting your answer along with your hair type (thin or thick, curly or straight, oily or dry, yadda yadda) would be helpful to me :)

Once a day. I've tried washing it every other day, but it just looks too greasy. It's almost always hot and humid where I live, so maybe people in colder/drier climates can get away with washing less.

Oh, and I have long-ish, slightly thick, slightly wavy hair, and I straighten it too much.

Edited by pog

once a day. short, straight brown hair that is slightly oily.

im thinking i should start using shampoo only every other day though

Edit: dang i just realized this poll was for the ladies. my bad

Edited by West-Coast_Skater

Ehhh...too much. I voted "every other day" but that's not always true. If I'm going out for the day, I like to wash my hair before. I have blonde hair down to my waist. Not too thick, not too thin but very straight and flat. It gets greasy so fast. >_<

It really depends if I have to be somewhere the following day, how oily my hair is and what time of year it is...that's weird huh? :eh:

Right now I wash it every other day but that's because I need to get it cut and it's fairly thick and is getting greasy faster. During the summer I wash it every 3 days or so, depends on many factors.

I have kinda short, fairly thick, straight hair

I put every third day because I'm on accutane and my scalp produces absolutely no oil lol

I have very fine straight hair that pre-accutane couldnt have gone more than a day without looking greasy

everyday washing with shampoo and conditioner, no blow drying=)

hair thickness: 1" in diameter when in a bun=)

-long, black, straight hair (shiny but not oily)

wash everyday =) but dont conditioner

my hair is long,and i have quite a lot of it, quite thick too. normal in terms of greasy/oilyness. would get greasy after around 2-3days without washing it

I put once a day but that's because I currently have short, smooth-coarse, mainly straight hair and it gets oily over night or within a day. it's not thin or thick

I hate to do this because washing it the conventional way, that is shampoo and conditioner, isn't the best for your hair. (I have some awesome shampoo and conditioner, though!) When my hair is longer (at shoulders, or past), it becomes wavy and a bit more coarse. I will try to go three days w/o washing it in the winter due to the dry weather and it's easier to hide the oiliness. The first day I wear it down, the second day I will pull it back in a tight, sleek pony-tail and the third day (I usually can't go three days, though lol) I will wear a hat or in a pony-tail if it looks presentable. I also use baby powder or dry shampoo on the second/third day

Edited by NessaVéneanár

i have thick, stick-straight hair and i wash it once every few days. it NEVER gets oily. i honestly believe i could go a month without washing it and it still wouldn't get greasy. but i do have to use some sort of conditioner in it every day because once it hits water it tangles easy.

I wash my hair every other day, otherwise it gets dry and itchy on my scalp. When I put my hair conditioner in it helps a bit, but I still don't think I could go everyday.

I have thick, wavy hair getting close to my shoulders.

I wash my hair everday. I feel dirty if i don't wash it.And i use to not use conditioner but now i just started using it again since i dont get acne around the side of my face anymore. :)

Before spiro, everyday. It was so oily and looked gross if I didn't wash it. Now, it's sooo dry so once a week and I must condition everyday.

Every other day. Oil production is normal to dry right now. My hair is curly, medium, and of average thickness or 3a/M/ii for you hair lovers out there. ;)

THis is a little off topic...has anyone tried Wen haircare system By Chaz Dean? I'm thinking about tryin it. I wash my hair everyday and its straight/wavy and frizy. I'm thinking about trying Wen or Dr. Bronner's.

I have thick straight hair. It's either prone to dryness or just normal.

I usually wash it all every other day but I have a fringe right now and I wash that area daily...

I use dry shampoo sometimes (Psst Dry Shampoo - cheap). If I wash it everyday, my hair gets really dry by the end of the week.

I wash my hair every other day.

I have thick curly/coarse hair almost down to my waist. I straighten my hair and use a blow dryer, I don't like leaving my hair curly.

Since I use a lot of heat on my hair, It's not a good idea to wash my hair every day. I must straighten my hair every time I wash it, so for me, it makes sense to wash it every other day.