Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllNaturalUser

I Signed Up Just To Tell How I Cured My Mouth (Jawline) Acne

Hey everyone. I occasionally read the forum here, but I never signed up. I needed to let everyone know how I cured my mouth acne (area around jawline) 100%. All I did was switch my toothpaste to a non-fluoride based product. I personally use a product by Tom's which is found at Walgreens. It's a bit more expensive than regular toothpaste ($5.99). I'm not here to promote the Tom's brand, and I'm sure any non-fluoride toothpaste could work. I just use Tom's because it's the only product I've seen at Walgreens and CVS.

Before switching, I tried everything. I found myself overusing BP, which caused major redness in this area. After I switched, the acne went away literally in a few days. It's been about 6 months now, and I have yet to have any re-occurrence, which leads me to believe this switch is the reason my jawline acne is gone.

Edited by AllNaturalUser

Hey everyone. I occasionally read the forum here, but I never signed up. I needed to let everyone know how I cured my mouth acne (area around jawline) 100%. All I did was switch my toothpaste to a non-fluoride based product. I personally use a product by Tom's which is found at Walgreens. It's a bit more expensive than regular toothpaste ($5.99). I'm not here to promote the Tom's brand, and I'm sure any non-fluoride toothpaste could work. I just use Tom's because it's the only product I've seen at Walgreens and CVS.

Before switching, I tried everything. I found myself overusing BP, which caused major redness in this area. After I switched, the acne went away literally in a few days. It's been about 6 months now, and I have yet to have any re-occurrence, which leads me to believe this switch is the reason my jawline acne is gone.

I mean do people that clear up after this, are they messy with brushing their teeth or something? Because i never get toothpaste past my lips so it never touches the skin around my mouth.

Im just picturing people with foamy mouth toothpaste all over for this to affect them? lol am i wrong?

I mean do people that clear up after this, are they messy with brushing their teeth or something? Because i never get toothpaste past my lips so it never touches the skin around my mouth.

Im just picturing people with foamy mouth toothpaste all over for this to affect them? lol am i wrong?

I wouldn't say I was messy with brushing my teeth, but there are always times at least a little bit drips around your lips. It might also have something to do with going on the gums? I really don't know. I don't suffer from really bad acne at all. I just suffered with this one area. And switching toothpastes cured it 100%. So I think it's worth a try. At worst, you lose $5.99.

i do the same thing! flouride is actually bad for your body so stay away from that (my parents are doctors)

i dont think changing your toothpaste would have any effect on acne, but its definitely worth a try

I have heard for years now how fluoride toothpaste is not good for you, so after reading this post finally looked into it. Many Americans are overdosing on flouride because along with fluoride toothpaste, fluoride is added to most tap water and is found in alot of other beverages and foods (especially teas, which makes me sad b/c i just started drinking rooibos for my skin, red and black teas contain very high amounts of fluoride). Also, by boiling your water you are further concentrating the amount of fluoride in it.

When I first read this post I thought it sounded silly, but looking more into it, by simply reducing fluoride toothpaste could really help someone who has a sensitivity to fluoride or is overdosing on it. I found this site and it says having a sensitivity to fluoride/overdosing on it can cause "arthritis, asthma, chronic fatigue, fatigue, food intolerances, gastrointestinal problems, gum disease despite good dental hygiene, heart palpitations and increased heart rate without exertion, skin problems, tea drinking causes upset stomach, gastric pain, heart palpitations and jitters similar to strong coffee, thyroid diseases."

http://tynanfamily.wordpress.com/2008/01/1...yroid-function/

Look more into the toxin fluoride really is, it is upsetting. I am definitely switching toothpaste, even if it doesnt help my skin.

I'm curious about the taste of Tom's toothpaste. I've tried baking soda toothpastes before and couldn't stand the taste.

I too break out around my mouth. I try to avoid moisturizing lipsticks. I think it gets worse when I eat potato chips, doritos or greasy pizza.

I'm curious about the taste of Tom's toothpaste. I've tried baking soda toothpastes before and couldn't stand the taste.

I too break out around my mouth. I try to avoid moisturizing lipsticks. I think it gets worse when I eat potato chips, doritos or greasy pizza.

It's normal tasting Spearmint. The flavor weakens a bit as the bottle reaches about 1/4. But overall it tastes no different than any other toothpaste. I think there are more kinds aside from Tom's, but that is all I found locally in-store.