Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goodgirl101

Eye wrinkles -- need a good under-eye cream and coverup!!!

All right ladies,

time to dish!

1) first off...what's a good anti-wrinkle under-eye treatment?

Been scouring makeup alley

have tried lots of clique products (moisture surge, all-about-eyes, the garnier roller, etc) and neutrogena anti-wrinkle. nothing's made a difference.

not interested in prescriptions at this time...would like to stay under $40 if possible.

anyone tried the jane iredale or cindy crawford stuff? i'm imagining those are just infomercial hypes?

2) also my mineral makeup is sinking into the under-eye creases and making them appear a million times worse so i need some sort of separate non-comedogenic makeup for under eyes

was thinking of trying that revlon age defying line but makeup alley gave it crappy reviews.

thoughts?

solutions?

please share!!! THANKS!!!!

gg

Try Jojoba Oil or Rose Hip Oil.Just a tiny bit it will spread . :)

Dermalogica make good eye creams too.

Have you seen the make Up videos on the Estee Lauder site?they show eyemake up really well. You don't need alot under the eye.

Edited by MedusaGorgonia

Try Jojoba Oil or Rose Hip Oil.Just a tiny bit it will spread . :)

ya the jojoba stings and gets into my eyes even in super tiny amounts.

plus it makes my contacts all foggy in the morning.

thanks.

hopefully someone will post in with some miracle cures!

There are no miracle cures for wrinkles, and eye creams are no different than regular moisturizers.

Mostly they are a waste of money.

Please read this: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-fact...a-wrinkles.aspx

And this for tips on preventing or minimizing the appearance of wrinkles:

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-solu...-oily-skin.aspx

thanks for those links! i really appreciate that.

you know i haven't looked at her website in a long time. years ago i used her products and felt they broke me out, so i never went back!!!

but, i do like her research! maybe i should just keep using my aha moisturizer under my eyes and hope that helps! my mom has a retinol sample too that she said i could try.

in the meantime, i'm still looking for a good coverup, but i see paula has some tips on that, too.

really appreciate these links. thanks!

tried lancome and laura mercier concealers today and didn't like EITHER!

Cosmetics Cop is entitled to their opinion,of course but that's all it is an opinion. I can't stand that website.I totally disgree that eye creams are a waste of money.Feel the skin around the eyes it is different it is thinner and all putting on ordinary moisturiser does is make the skin puff up

Edited by MedusaGorgonia

Cosmetics Cop is entitled to their opinion,of course but that's all it is an opinion. I can't stand that website.I totally disgree that eye creams are a waste of money.Feel the skin around the eyes it is different it is thinner and all putting on ordinary moisturiser does is make the skin puff up

Mmmm, not an opinion. It's a fact, based on research in medical/dermatological journals.

And you can see for yourself - compare the ingredients list in eye creams to those of other moisturizers. There is truly nothing different.

The reason the skin around your eyes feels thinner is that there is far less muscle under the eye skin to make it feel plump.

And by the way, that's the first time I've ever heard that an "ordinary" moisturizer makes eye skin puff up. Most people use MORE emollient moisturizers around the eye area to stave off wrinkles. Which won't work, but in my opinion doesn't really hurt, except for your wallet.

Unless by "puff up" you mean red and puffy...in which case I would say that you're just using a plain BAD moisturizer. Paula (of Cosmetics Cop) says explicitly that ALL things we put on our face should be JUST as safe as those touted to be safe for our eyes. Everything should be non-irritating and fragrance free.

Unless by "puff up" you mean red and puffy...in which case I would say that you're just using a plain BAD moisturizer. Paula (of Cosmetics Cop) says explicitly that ALL things we put on our face should be JUST as safe as those touted to be safe for our eyes. Everything should be non-irritating and fragrance free.

I agree with you mostly. However, while I definitely prefer non-irritating and fragrance free stuff, I wouldn't say that ALL things we put on our face should be just as safe as those for our eyes. I use AHA+ daily and have done some peels and those would most definitely not come near my eyes. However, they are heavenly for my skin.

PS: I do think that the "eye creme" is a marketing gimmick though and that a face moisturizer works just as well.

I agree with you mostly. However, while I definitely prefer non-irritating and fragrance free stuff, I wouldn't say that ALL things we put on our face should be just as safe as those for our eyes. I use AHA+ daily and have done some peels and those would most definitely not come near my eyes. However, they are heavenly for my skin.

PS: I do think that the "eye creme" is a marketing gimmick though and that a face moisturizer works just as well.

Yes, clearly, medicated products are different. Thanks for correcting me. :)

Mmmm, not an opinion. It's a fact, based on research in medical/dermatological journals.

And you can see for yourself - compare the ingredients list in eye creams to those of other moisturizers. There is truly nothing different.

The reason the skin around your eyes feels thinner is that there is far less muscle under the eye skin to make it feel plump.

And by the way, that's the first time I've ever heard that an "ordinary" moisturizer makes eye skin puff up. Most people use MORE emollient moisturizers around the eye area to stave off wrinkles. Which won't work, but in my opinion doesn't really hurt, except for your wallet.

She is one woman and it is still an opinion.I have used specific eye creams for over twenty years since I was a teenager and I do not have any wrinkles,

I have absolutely no time for that woman and think her whole set up is designed to sell her own products.

She is one woman and it is still an opinion.I have used specific eye creams for over twenty years since I was a teenager and I do not have any wrinkles,

I have absolutely no time for that woman and think her whole set up is designed to sell her own products.

Riiiiight.

Quoting a medical journal is one woman's opinion. K.

Go ahead, waste your money. It is, after all, yours. My mother has never used eye creams and also has no wrinkles - and she's turning 60 this year. I call it good genes.

And by the way...if her set up was designed to ONLY sell her own product, why would she review and recommend other products? And, of course she wants to sell her own product...she does want to make money, like any good businesswoman. It just so happens that her business model is built on supplying facts and not fake advertising nonsense. The claims that many of these companies make about what their products can do are subject to NO regulation.

So, you're entitled to your opinion. Sorry it's based on an ignorant assumption, though.

Well, I am a fan of Paula Begoun, but don't agree with everything. And Paula's Choice does have a BHA or AHA, don't remember which, which she says is suitable for face, but not eyes.

And she says you'd only need something different under eyes if the skin under the eyes was different from the rest of the face. And the skin under my eyes is completely different from the skin on my cheeks below. Way thinner, way less pigment, no freckles, no blotches, completely different color, etc.

That said, the difference between eye creams and face moisturizers is often just the order of the ingredients. In the eye creams, they tend to put more emollients like glycerin so it will appear higher up in the list. So you could add your own glycerin to the face moisturizer if you feel you need it.

i had a problem earlier with my eyes becoming too dry, and i have a solution that's cheap and i don't know if it's a great one for people who put make up on.

i had an allergic reaction a few weeks ago because of the excessive dryness, and i quickly looked for a solution. i went on some boards and looked on makeupalley (product reviews are excellent and a lot of feedback is available for most products, especially those that aren't exactly acne related, which i come here for). i found a few things that seemed to make people happy and were cheap. burt's bees naturally ageless serum, their eye cream, and their repair serum. all of these were supposed to last a long time and had pretty good results for most people, as well as not costing a fortune, and being made mostly or completely from natural ingredients.

now, i added a step to my regimen and that is putting on a mixture of a tiny dab of royal jelly eye cream and one drop of the naturally ageless eye serum. that way, it doesn't go into my eyes as it isn't too oily and it's not so thick that i ravage my eyes just trying to smear it on. i usually do this before the BP and along with moisturizing my eyes beforehand i also slab a good amount of cetaphil moisturizer on my neck to eliminate that border of peeling skin i have (still sort of adjusting to BP).

granted i feel sort of strange putting on an eye cream, but it looks natural and it makes my eyes feel much better and protected against the bp i might get at the edges of the skin around my eye area. plus my eyes won't look so old and wrinkled.

hope you find the product that suits you.

ps. be careful of anything that advertises itself as incredibly fast acting. skin isn't something that responds instantly, and to be honest instant results might not last either. its good to properly hydrate your skin and keep it healthy, have a proper diet and sleep well. a good and healthy lifestyle with exercise often does way more for your complexion and how lively you look than adding more and more chemicals to fix each and every tiny bit you want.

Edited by gorillajack

I use an l-ascorbic acid (vitamin c) serum for my under eyes and moisturize with emu oil. The vitamin c protects from free radicals and will encourage collagen production. Emu oil is just a great moisturizer.

MAC Select Moisture Cover is a good concealer.