Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Irjamez

Drink Alcohol it will cure your acne!

Okay here is my reason behind this...Before New Years I have not consumed a drop of Alcohol for over 5 years. On New Years EVE was the first night I started to drink again. I drank 4 beers and took 1 shot of Jack daniels and I was pretty twisted. The next morning until today my face seems to be so much clearer... is this just a coincidence or what!!

is this just a coincidence or what!!

Who knows? However, some beers may be able to deliver a significant dose of melatonin. With the right timing and dose, that could explain a reduction in acne.

Alcohol seems to clear me up as well. I had a breakout and then drank a couple of beers that night, the next day, it cleared up considerably!

for me when i drank hard liquor, the very next day, my skin was totally smooth, so im not suprised but i dont want to be an alchoholic, so yea

Hey, and I thought it was just me and my stupid speculations. I also noticed the same trend every time I had had spirits (vodka/whisky) the night before.

Red wine doesn't seem to do anything though.

Yeah this has happened to me before but with bourbon. I'm not entirely sure why but it's only temporary. I think i've heard it explained before but can't remember what it was.

alcohol is used to clean things and it probably does this to some effect internally. Just don't drink straight after food and don't drink beers with additives and chemicals. If you're unsure just stick to gin and tonic until you find a beer that works for you.

I am still more clearer than before no breakouts!! NO LIE! Maybe I should drink again before it comes back! Wonder how long this will last considering its been 7 days now since I last drank.

I've actually heard alcohol can cause acidosis (chronic acidity in the body), or candida- both causes of acne :\ but hey, whatever works for you! Just watch your intake and be safe :P

yeah, that makes sense. Drink alcohol! clear your acne and destroy your liver...

Says the person taking forty thousand units of vitamin A.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Anti - Em