Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Broken Pearls

Accutane log *with pictures* by Jade :)

DAY 24

Ok so this log wont let me attach pictures, Im just going to have to give you the link :(

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/A...nt=100_2316.jpg

Thought i might smile in this one lol. Dry lips, again, had a couple of comments from friends i see about every 1-2 weeks and they really noticed the difference, whereas my best friends see me everyday and dont see the dramaticness haha :D Thats about it really. Ive still got a bad stomach, and also a splitting headache, i think thats from school and squinting at the board instead of wearing my glasses though D:

mooooch loooooove x

Edited by Broken Pearls

You look HOT HOT HOT! :D

How long has your derm said you'll be on Accutane for?

Are you going to increase from 40mg at all?

Sorry to hear about the upset stomache and headaches, I found that taking the accutane in the middle of diner has helped a little for me. It's almost like it needs the food all around it. And the headaches have stopped for me so maybe they'll let up on you too soon!

Goodluck and keep smiling in you pics, you have a very nice smile! :D

hey i would just like to say again that your progress is really inspiring.

wanted to ask what you've used or tried before accutane.?

oh thank you very much, i love hearing things like that :D

Well, where do i start lol?

In tablets, i was on:

Erythromicin,

Tetrocycline *spelling*

Doxycycline

3 different types of birth control/hormone treatment

Minocycline

Erm, ive tryed BP, in different percentages too, and in different forms, (rub on, gel, liquid)

Facewashes ive used:

Clean and clear

Clearasil

Freederm

Oxy

St. ives gentle acne wash or something,

Ive also tryed home remedies like tomatoe juice on my face, honey with sugar and scrubbing my face, aspirin crushed up with water added to form a paste to put on individual spots, freezing crushed up aspirin with water and rubbing the aspirin ice cube on my face, ive tryed head and shoulders the shampoo on my face, i think ive tryed most things out there tbh. To be fair, all tablets worked for 5-6 days for me, but then my acne came raging back, worse then before. :(

You look HOT HOT HOT! :D

How long has your derm said you'll be on Accutane for?

Are you going to increase from 40mg at all?

Sorry to hear about the upset stomache and headaches, I found that taking the accutane in the middle of diner has helped a little for me. It's almost like it needs the food all around it. And the headaches have stopped for me so maybe they'll let up on you too soon!

Goodluck and keep smiling in you pics, you have a very nice smile! :D

Thanks ;) I appreciate it :)

My derm told me we'l see how i go. I mean, could be 4 months, could be 8, just depends. She also said if i do well on 40mg, then she will up the dosage, which will make the treatment work quicker, but i would be risking getting another IB. Ah ive heard that about dinner, but on past acne tablets ive taken, i end up forgetting to take them, and i really dont want to risk forgetting to take accutane. Thanks though! I have left my box of tablets ontop of my cereal, so when i go downstairs, i open the cupboard, and see the tablets and i take them straight away and then have breakfast :)

When i update later with a picture il tell you more about side effects and such, but long storyy short ive stopped getting headaches, and i think its because of the level of water im drinking. stomach pains are on and off, but im getting quite a bit of joint pain everywhere else now, not all the time, just randomely, normally everytime im still :/ :) x

Wow, in just 3 weeks your face is looking amazing!! Congratz. I go for blood work on the 15th and if liver is good tane on Monday!!! Good luck with the rest of your treatment :dance:

Ok so just another quick update :D

DAY 22

lips are still really dry, but they arent sore anymore, stull have my trout pout though, and tbh, my lips are starting to lool like dryed prunes, its a good job its winter, most peoplehave dryed lips anyways :D

Got 3 new whiteheads this morning :( face is still better then day 1 or before tane though so im not too worried. I think its because i have alot of assignments and c/w in for next week and im trying to get it all done today, or maybe its my period, or a mixture of both!

Again guys, thanks for your thoughts and comments, its really uplifting, and if you have any questions, go ahead and post those too, This site has become my haven if im honest... :D

hey as for suggestions for lip therapy, i read on one of the blogs about this 'rosebud salve' stuff, its like a lip balm. i found it on drugstore.com its kinda perfumey(smells like roses, go figure right?) but i think it really helps to penetrate that harder layer that lays on your lips when they crust over. it is petrolatum based, however it contains diffrent oils in it that i feel are what my lips were lackin, and it hasnt made be break out on the sides of my mouth either! and i cake this stuff on too lol. my lips arent chapped too bad, they arent cracking open, but i dont wanna give em a chance either!

Wow, in just 3 weeks your face is looking amazing!! Congratz. I go for blood work on the 15th and if liver is good tane on Monday!!! Good luck with the rest of your treatment :dance:

Thank you :D and yep im happy with it, i still have red marks, black heads, and acne on my back but im thinking thats going to go pretty soon! Oooooh! I hope you dont havethin veins like me, they really struggledgetting blood from me lols, and i hope you get your tane! i can safely say its been one of the greatest decisions of my LIFE. :)x

Ok so just another quick update :D

DAY 22

lips are still really dry, but they arent sore anymore, stull have my trout pout though, and tbh, my lips are starting to lool like dryed prunes, its a good job its winter, most peoplehave dryed lips anyways :D

Got 3 new whiteheads this morning :( face is still better then day 1 or before tane though so im not too worried. I think its because i have alot of assignments and c/w in for next week and im trying to get it all done today, or maybe its my period, or a mixture of both!

Again guys, thanks for your thoughts and comments, its really uplifting, and if you have any questions, go ahead and post those too, This site has become my haven if im honest... :D

hey as for suggestions for lip therapy, i read on one of the blogs about this 'rosebud salve' stuff, its like a lip balm. i found it on drugstore.com its kinda perfumey(smells like roses, go figure right?) but i think it really helps to penetrate that harder layer that lays on your lips when they crust over. it is petrolatum based, however it contains diffrent oils in it that i feel are what my lips were lackin, and it hasnt made be break out on the sides of my mouth either! and i cake this stuff on too lol. my lips arent chapped too bad, they arent cracking open, but i dont wanna give em a chance either!

Thanks for your thoughts :) Il have a look around, i mean my lips are only dry when i leave them for about 4 hours without vaseline, but still pretty dry :P thanks for the comments :D x

DAY 25

Ok, back pain is really bad today, and i mean really bad :( Last night when i was trying to sleep, my knees, feet, and my back were all tingly, and it was running up and down my body, and then it felt hot, and then hurt, and it just carried on repeating like that, and i couldnt get to sleep for ages. Lips arent getting any better, cos i keep forgetting the vaseline lols. Skin is getting dryer, but overall, i can in myself see a progress in my skin :) Thanks to anyone who is reading this, and has commented :D Il take a picture tomorrow if i have time :) x

DAY 25

Ok, back pain is really bad today, and i mean really bad :( Last night when i was trying to sleep, my knees, feet, and my back were all tingly, and it was running up and down my body, and then it felt hot, and then hurt, and it just carried on repeating like that, and i couldnt get to sleep for ages. Lips arent getting any better, cos i keep forgetting the vaseline lols. Skin is getting dryer, but overall, i can in myself see a progress in my skin :) Thanks to anyone who is reading this, and has commented :D Il take a picture tomorrow if i have time :) x

I have bad lower back pain when i lay down for bed its one of the most painful things it lasts for about 10 seconds im glad your seeing improvements :)

DAY 25

I have bad lower back pain when i lay down for bed its one of the most painful things it lasts for about 10 seconds im glad your seeing improvements :)

Thank you :D And im glad im not the only one haha :P Im going to take a picture pretty soon too soo woooop!

DAY 26

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/A...pg&newest=1

Picture :P

Ok, just the usual really, apart from i got two whiteheads this morning, and when i came home, they were gone? They were really tiny, and didnt hurt at all like normal ones under the skin, it kind of looked like a teeny bit of white fluff, but solid. And it just went away? Thats so weird. Thats about it really, oh my lips were like on fire today. they were dry, and my friend gave me some coconut cream balm from body shop, and my lips just hurt so much. There was bits of skin falling off, and i had to chew off half of my lip to get some relief if im honest! acne on back isnt as prevalant either :P Thanks to everyone whos commented and kept up with my log so far!

DAY 27

Ok, FIRST DAY SINCE I WAS ABOUT 8 IVE HAD NO NEW SPOTS APPEAR ON MY FACE. Wooo! Ive just got the red marks left from old spots! :D yay, lips still hurt, and i keep forgetting to take my vaseline into school...Black heads are starting to annoy me now, but id rather have those then acne, im so pleased im improving, oh my skin is getting soo smooth too, i mean there are still bumps, but no where NEAR as many as i have had in the past 6-7 years :P:D Cant wait till summer, no more exams, no more acne! WOOO!

Heres some pictures i just took about 10 minutes ago:

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/A...nt=100_2333.jpg

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/A...nt=100_2332.jpg

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad259/A...nt=100_2337.jpg

hey!

your skin is looking good! your lips look sore though! I feel the pain, I've had to stop using blistex now bc mine have gotten worse. But I'me trying this new stuff I read about in another log called Carmex. It's awesome! not only does it moistureize and soothe your lips but it kind of makes them numb to so it feels soooo good to put it on!

Maybe you could find that around where you are! I also am having some pretty awful back pain and anything I take for it doesn't work! Are you using anything?

hey!

your skin is looking good! your lips look sore though! I feel the pain, I've had to stop using blistex now bc mine have gotten worse. But I'me trying this new stuff I read about in another log called Carmex. It's awesome! not only does it moistureize and soothe your lips but it kind of makes them numb to so it feels soooo good to put it on!

Maybe you could find that around where you are! I also am having some pretty awful back pain and anything I take for it doesn't work! Are you using anything?

Heyyy! Thank q :D

Yeh my lips are pretty sore, and when i open my mouth to eat they bleed lol. not a very nice taste is left in my mouth. Ive heard of carmex too :D unfortunately i would have to order from the us, or a part of the uk, and the shipping costs about 5X more then the product, so my mother would be like NO WAY ARE YOU GETTING THAT. They would be fine if i remembered my vaseline, i just forget. :P

Noi dont take anything for my back pain, I mean im used to it because of the normal trouble i get from it because of my height, but when it gets to the point where i get a spasm and i cannot bend at all, and im stuck in the hunched over faetal position, then i get a hot water bottle, put it under my back, and just gently stretch out my back. it stings for about 10 seconds, but then you get instant relief, that normally helps me, if not, id take pain relief, but im trying not to use any un-necessary drugs incase it interfere with my tane :D x

Hey!!

just wanted to drop by and say your skin is looking absolutely amazing!!

I hope your dry lips and joint pains don't get any worse but other than that everything seems to be going smoothly for you! :dance:

I'll be starting 'tane for sure Jan./20 so I'm excited!

Hope everything keeps getting better from here on out for you! toodles

Hey!!

just wanted to drop by and say your skin is looking absolutely amazing!!

I hope your dry lips and joint pains don't get any worse but other than that everything seems to be going smoothly for you! :dance:

I'll be starting 'tane for sure Jan./20 so I'm excited!

Hope everything keeps getting better from here on out for you! toodles

Thank you so much! Yeh i hope the lips and back pain stay the way they are or get better tbh, but even if they get worse, i dont mind because of the boost of confidence ive had in the past 3-4 weeks, its great, i feel so much better about myself, there are no words to describe it! i cant wait till you go on too, and you willsee what im talking about. Even the way i am is different, i actually look at peoples faces now! x

DAY 28

I spoke too soon. Hello to my bumpy white head skin. had 4 appear this morning, which did NOT go away furing the day, instead, a new one appeared, which is something which normally happened pre-tane. This is such a set back :( Remembered my vaseline at school today, lips did not crack so thats a good thing at least :D

I am going for a meal tomorrow, and then sleeping at a friends house, so i will be wearing makeup. I was hoping to just wear mineral powder and for it to look fine, but it looks like im gunna have to use concealer/foundation too :/ dammmmmmmmmn it! grrr, i am also going to a poetry thing in town on wednesday, so i hope my face is ok enough to go without makeup, i would love to have no makeup on and look fine. Hopefully, sometime in the near future, il be able to look GREAT without makeup. cant wait! Still have back pains too :/

DAY 29

Ok, so i went out today, lilke i said, meal, shopping, sleepover. wore my good long lasting-good for face makeup. When i took it off at about 3am, (lol this may be why the following event happened) I had 4 huge whiteheads. It was disgusting. Heres me waffling on about how my face is going to get better and then pretty soon i wont need makeup, and then i take off my makeup and ive got loads of little bumps everywhere, my face is RED raw, and ive got whiteheads galore. Nice one!

****I looked like this yesterday:****

DAY 30

When i came home, I popped and cleaned them, hopefully they will go away for wednesday :( (going to town, doing school from 7am till 7pm :o) Erm, black heads look deeper? and the ones on my cheek look more apparent :/ Im going to go drink 3 litres of water now, see if i can make up for the lack of water i drank yesterday lol :D

****now like this****

^ 7 spots on my chin, one big one on my forhead, one on the right hand side of my face near my lip :( boo hoo, they are painful ones too. Compare the difference in my face over 24 hours! :o

Edited by Broken Pearls

woow! you've made such improvement in only about a month!! your skin looks amazing. just imagine how it'll look at the end of your course if it looks like this now??? any idea how long your course will be?

woow! you've made such improvement in only about a month!! your skin looks amazing. just imagine how it'll look at the end of your course if it looks like this now??? any idea how long your course will be?

I thought it was going well unti today grrr! Im thinking till about may? so probably about a 5 month course, could be 7-8 though but because of the way i looked on day 10, she told me to expect a shorter course :)

I just read some of your log, and saw some pictures, you look great too! Thanks for commenting x

DAY 31

No change really. :(

Horrible spots i had have turned into painful scab like papsules. grr. Its really upsetting, ive just kept thinking all this time "the worst parts over, your face will only get better" and it hasnt :/ it went well for awhile, and now im very close to where i once started. Ive developed a rash on my hands too, and they feel all dry. GAH! no moral support from friends because they dont really understand how upset i feel about this, but thats not their fault :( I will read a few logs and get motivated and inspired. lets hope things look up for tomorrow!